Main > Stakeholder Proposals

Proxy: xeroc

<< < (2/42) > >>

xeroc:
Now voting for the Las Vegas Conference

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=28450.0

sahkan:

--- Quote from: bitcrab on August 09, 2019, 02:52:53 am ---hi, Fabian,

I hope you can support to reduce bitUSD MCR to 1.5 based on careful consideration.

bitUSD is ill, we need to find ways to help it to recover.

Dr. Brown has already published his first paper about smartcoin mechanism, although the research is based on a simple model, it give some conclusion that it make sense to set MCR<1.53 to incentivize smartcoin supply.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=28823.0

the risk of undercollateralization is very limited, especially when bitUSD is already under GS protection.

set USD MCR=1.5 and keep CNY MCR=1.6 will also attract capital from CNY market to USD market to help bitUSD to recover.

please support for a more prosperous ecosystem. thanks!

--- End quote ---

This what he said about his particular paper numbers:

--- Quote from: biophil on August 02, 2019, 05:46:43 pm ---
* The specific numbers used in the paper (MSSR= 1.005, 1.01, 1.02 and MCR= 1.4, 1.5, 1.6) are to be taken with a grain of salt. I used them to illustrate the general shape of the problem, not to draw any specific conclusions about those particular parameter choices.
--- End quote ---

bitcrab:
hi, Fabian,

I hope you can support to reduce bitUSD MCR to 1.5 based on careful consideration.

bitUSD is ill, we need to find ways to help it to recover.

Dr. Brown has already published his first paper about smartcoin mechanism, although the research is based on a simple model, it give some conclusion that it make sense to set MCR<1.53 to incentivize smartcoin supply.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=28823.0

the risk of undercollateralization is very limited, especially when bitUSD is already under GS protection.

set USD MCR=1.5 and keep CNY MCR=1.6 will also attract capital from CNY market to USD market to help bitUSD to recover.

please support for a more prosperous ecosystem. thanks!

Thom:

--- Quote from: Thul3 on July 16, 2019, 03:06:49 pm ---Why this argumentation now and not before when GS Protection have been voted in ?

--- End quote ---
Am I the only one required to be responsible here Thule? I don't know why other witnesses failed to provide arguments, but I have been pushing against price manipulation since before the BSIP42 fiasco.

--- Quote from: Thul3 on July 16, 2019, 03:06:49 pm ---Also i disagree about bad debt holders behavior.They took debt to push the ecosystem of bitshares.If some people start collecting all stablecoins from that bitassets and keep holding them even in a downtrend

--- End quote ---
Would you please elaborate on this point? I don't understand it.

--- Quote from: Thul3 on July 16, 2019, 03:06:49 pm --- what do you want the debt holders to do if there is no USD they could buy in a reasonable price range ?

--- End quote ---
I want them to manage their own debt better. If they wish to trade in a volatile market, they need to increase their collateral. It's not a difficult concept to understand. Problem is traders see collateral as a limitation of how much profit they can gain rather than as a necessary means of providing trading safety in such markets.

--- Quote from: Thul3 on July 16, 2019, 03:06:49 pm ---A few people and workers sucked out majority of USD.

--- End quote ---
I believe that is irrelevant to discussion of GS "protection".

Thul3:
Why this argumentation now and not before when GS Protection have been voted in ?
If something is voted in for months i would thought it will be implemented since i didn't saw any conter argument from witnesses till now.

Also i disagree about bad debt holders behavior.They took debt to push the ecosystem of bitshares.If some people start collecting all stablecoins from that bitassets and keep holding them even in a downtrend what do you want the debt holders to do if there is no USD they could buy in a reasonable price range ?

A few people and workers sucked out majority of USD.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version