Author Topic: Let's show the power of our community #69 - are we not a Bitcoin 2.0 ?!  (Read 2237 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I think you might have mistook the release OP.. consider the source.. and look at the facts the article is stating.

It's a $50m fund that is supporting 'all cryptos', and Ethereum is getting a mere 1% of that.

Consider that Etherium is already out there, and has projects like Auger already funded. That is a 'lead'... whether it's an inch or a mile, it's a lead.

You might also want to reserve your disgust for after the blockchain summit Oct 15: http://www.hbrchina.org/150922/index.shtml

Note that we launch Oct 13.

Like many things.. things aren't always what they seem.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
"Greatest" sales speech ever :

Hey , I saw you just buy an apple .
We have some apple too . It would be stupid for you not to buy ours

because ours has a GUI. Which I guess would make it an orange. And since you are building a crypto2.0 fruit basket (portfolio), then you must taste our unique fruit.

Yeah wildpig, thats pretty much the gist:

If you like command line 2.0 then you'll love GUI 2.0

Can you translate it for us? Thanks.

And you didn't think for a second that this high-end condescending attitude is precisely the reason why the whole crypto world acted like BitShares doesn't exist despite the once high market cap ?

I'll give you a more clear version of yours : If you like a crypto coin with a funny and childish doge logo and takes 1 minute to confirm a transaction , then you will love BitShares with  1 second confirmation .

Try to sell this to those who brought doge coin . I don't think you would have any luck .

Making a comparison to sell a product is one thing , using ones investment history to claim that they brought something worse or less superior than yours is another .

Can't you think of any positive phrase like "Mine may has potential as xxx...so you might want to consider it ? "  Being nice and polite to sell something doesn't kill you . And people not following your advice doesn't kill you either . What kills you is people automatically shut you down just because they don't like your tone during sales  , and they tell their friends and connections to ignore you , that's hard to fix .

And it can't be fixed even with 0.0000000000000001  second confirmation or with state of the art GUI  .  It can only be fixed by being nice .

I disagree. You cant fix it.  Competition is not going to talk about bts. And as for the OP of the thread, i say let them!  Someone else said it best when they said it is up to the owner of the money to decide if they want to invest in a tech simply based on brand recognition and marketcap.

In any market with decent liquidity , the simplest way for money to invest in something is a candle chart .
Ripple had good branding , but after the candle chart broke from a triangle pattern 2 weeks ago , investors started to dump .
And the US stock market just begin to decline significantly after showing a technical signal in the charts .

If I'm looking at it correctly  , Doge coin would drop significantly in a matter of weeks as well .

Making investment decision has many factors . it's not exactly like buying a product . No one know exactly why one would make certain decision , just like no one know why we brought a PoW coin with zero function called PTS instead of a fully functional NXT or Ripple in the first place .

( No investment advice was offered , those who holds XRP or Dogecoin should not do anything just based on my personal opinion .  After all , investment is one's choice and those who don't follow my advice are not stupid or ignorant either  ) .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline fuzzy

because ours has a GUI. Which I guess would make it an orange. And since you are building a crypto2.0 fruit basket (portfolio), then you must taste our unique fruit.

And you didn't think for a second that this high-end condescending attitude is precisely the reason why the whole crypto world acted like BitShares doesn't exist despite the once high market cap ?

I'll give you a more clear version of yours : If you like a crypto coin with a funny and childish doge logo and takes 1 minute to confirm a transaction , then you will love BitShares with  1 second confirmation .

Try to sell this to those who brought doge coin . I don't think you would have any luck .

Making a comparison to sell a product is one thing , using ones investment history to claim that they brought something worse or less superior than yours is another .

Can't you think of any positive phrase like "Mine may has potential as xxx...so you might want to consider it ? "  Being nice and polite to sell something doesn't kill you . And people not following your advice doesn't kill you either . What kills you is people automatically shut you down just because they don't like your tone during sales  , and they tell their friends and connections to ignore you , that's hard to fix .

And it can't be fixed even with 0.0000000000000001  second confirmation or with state of the art GUI  .  It can only be fixed by being nice .

I disagree. You cant fix it.  Competition is not going to talk about bts. And as for the OP of the thread, i say let them!  Someone else said it best when they said it is up to the owner of the money to decide if they want to invest in a tech simply based on brand recognition and marketcap.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 11:12:16 am by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
they want to support ETH, that's the only reason.
and I think it's a good thing whatever if they will support BTS.
more fund will pay attention to Bitcoin 2.0 because of this event, and we'll get more potential customers.

Offline phillyguy

huh?

I'm just saying to anybdy who speaks Mandarin to:

call these guys up and give them the old:

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人

Translation:

If you cats are simply dropping $500k on Ether just because it has the biggest market cap of all the public crypto 2.0 projects ("Ethereum is definitely the leading project of crypto 2.0 on decentralized applications at the moment" ), then you might want to get on board the BitShares train before we launch our product and hit an old BitShares market cap that just so happens to surpasses the market cap of the "leading project of crypto 2.0"

Personally, my Mandarin need work.

We have some apple too . It would be stupid for you not to buy ours .  If you are in your right mind , you should buy our apple already !
You cats really don't know what good stuff is . You must be stupid for buying apple from others instead of from us .
Why , why do your cats don't buy apple from us? It's your lost !

After this great speech , whoever buys our apple must have low self-esteem . Sadly , I think this was the speech many of us have made before we become mature .

I think the point that EB is making is that they aren't investing in ETH for any specific technical results, but simply based on marketcap and reputation. If they did a little due diligence, they would find BitShares to have similar or far greater potential (depending on who you talk to - far greater in most of our opinions obviously) and to be at a tremendous value/growth opportunity.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

huh?

Translation:

If you cats are simply dropping $500k on Ether just because it has the biggest market cap of all the public crypto 2.0 projects ("Ethereum is definitely the leading project of crypto 2.0 on decentralized applications at the moment" ), then you might want to get on board the BitShares train before we launch our product and hit an old BitShares market cap that just so happens to surpasses the market cap of the "leading project of crypto 2.0"

We have some apple too . It would be stupid for you not to buy ours .  If you are in your right mind , you should buy our apple already !
You cats really don't know what good stuff is . You must be stupid for buying apple from others instead of from us .
Why , why do your cats don't buy apple from us? It's your lost !

After this great speech , whoever buys our apple must have low self-esteem . Sadly , I think this was the speech many of us have made before we become mature .

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
huh?

Translation:

« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 01:27:58 pm by Erlich Bachman »
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
You question just sound like "why litecoin can be listed on okcoin and Dogecoin can not ?" 

"Why doge coin can be famous with a dog meme while Catcoin can not ? "

"Why BitShares raised 4 million USD while NXT only raised 21 BTC " ?

"Why many 2.0 projects has less market cap than Dogecoin ? "

"Why proof of waste coin BTC has so much market cap and our advanced project couldn't ? "

"Why all the rich guys in the world buy wine instead of Dogecoin" ?

Every thing happens for a reason . while not everything that hasn't happened can be explained . Things don't go your way exactly on your time or on your term just because you want it to be . Sometimes good things could even happen after you can't take it anymore and sold on the bottom .  It happens . Deal with it . 
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 12:17:02 pm by btswildpig »

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
http://www.coindesk.com/china-wanxiang-blockchain-50-million-fund/

From the article:

"Chao confirmed that, despite interpretations of announcements from the Ethereum project, the $50m fund will seek to support "all crypto 2.0 projects", a comment echoed by Shen.

Ethereum is definitely the leading project of crypto 2.0 on decentralized applications at the moment.

Chao Deng, managing director at Wanxiang-owned subsidiary DataYes, confirmed that the company had completed a purchase of 416,000 ETH, the native token on the Ethereum blockchain, in an total investment of $500,000."

So what are we?  Chopped liver?  Maybe if we announce another round of dilution, and move our goalposts back a few quarters like Ethereum, we will get a lil investor love?  Or maybe these idiots are waiting for our price to appreciate and surpass Ethereum so that they can again purchase the leading crypto 2.0 dapp at the moment (for 3x what they would pay if they did it now)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 10:34:33 am by Erlich Bachman »
You own the network, but who pays for development?