Author Topic: Committee Town Halls (Poll)  (Read 6757 times)

Offline fuzzy

I was referring to insults and allegations that the committee got in others posts, not by you personally.

You have a point about the non-responde tho, even if I am sure that it was caused by unlucky timing with all the things that was going on (discussions about settlement, long testing of the new script for the pricefeed, bm voting the committee out etc).

Just don't take it as unwillingness to communicate with the community or as something personal!

I am sure I can speak for all the committee when I say that we all want to improve management in the committee works! And you @fuzzy can surely help with that :) thank you for your efforts!

thanks for understanding :)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz
I was referring to insults and allegations that the committee got in others posts, not by you personally.

You have a point about the non-responde tho, even if I am sure that it was caused by unlucky timing with all the things that was going on (discussions about settlement, long testing of the new script for the pricefeed, bm voting the committee out etc).

Just don't take it as unwillingness to communicate with the community or as something personal!

I am sure I can speak for all the committee when I say that we all want to improve management in the committee works! And you @fuzzy can surely help with that :) thank you for your efforts!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 10:24:00 pm by Bhuz »

Offline fuzzy

You are not being attacked.  If you read what I have said throughout the entire thread that will become obvious @Bhuz.  I have actually advocated two potential paths forward...though i still personally think the one with other sharedropping graphene chains' leaders as unpaid committee members is better than the one that requires
volunteers. 

I have said many times that committee membership jobs are going to be stressful and doing it for no pay is a bad proposition for all.  :)

Trust me, I am not attacking...simply taking it to a level where I will get something more than silence as a response, while also trying to point out just why those in committee positions (if filled by volunteers) deserve pay.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 10:16:50 pm by fuzzy »

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
Here is a nice little link that started me realizing something might be wrong: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20470.0.html

I am alerted and to be honest since I and apparently most the entire community were left out of these private discussions, it is pretty difficult to know the truth just from forum posts.  Committee members should be striving to be BETTER leaders than Bytemaster, so why so secretive in their meetings?

Again, what secretive in meetings are you talking about?

Please, read the link yourself provided. Read it. I am afraid You really missunderstood what xeroc is saying in that post.

I have (though I'm pretty sure you haven't check the link and are talking about the other link I could have provided).

What does it means "Here is a nice little link that started me realizing something might be wrong" ?!
To me, it seems that you are saying that in the post you linked, there are some information about the committee work that apparently make you to be worry and alarmed.

Well, that post by xeroc is nothing like that. Xeroc is not speaking about committee past works.
He is trying to explaing to the community that the committee could use the fees from MPAs to create other MPAs like GOLD.USD, a market pegget asset for gold backed by USD.

What's wrong with that?

Or maybe you are referring only to fav reply? The community already partecipated a lot in the discussions for past committee proposals, so there is nothing new about Fav pov.
And still, Fav has his personal view. That does not mean that all the community think like Fav, or that Fav has the right answer.
Fav is a big proxy of the community, and we always appreciated his input and we did listen to him, as well as we listen to the community expressing their view here on the forum.

I am not attacking you fuzzy, not at all. I want to be clear on this.
I think you can really help the committee to improve. We just started this, and a lot of things can be managed way better for sure.

I am just tired to spend days and days of my private time trying to help the community and putting all my effort in doing this job for the best interest of Bitshares only to see really really bad post.
Posts in which the committee was gratuitously insulted and/or accused to be shady and/or acting for personal agendas. This is very sad to me.

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • BitShares: btstip-io
Hey fuzzy, here are the results of your tips...
Curious about ShareBits? Visit us at http://sharebits.io and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd

Offline fuzzy

#Sharebits "mindphlux" 1 FISTBUMP
#Sharebits "puppies" 1 FISTBUMP
#Sharebits "BunkerChain Labs" 1 FISTBUMP
#Sharebits "kenCode" 1 FISTBUMP
#Sharebits "Bhuz" 1 FISTBUMP

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
Fuzzy, I think you're overreacting. You have to remember we're all doing this unpaid, and this has been alot of unpaid hours in the past weeks

We've used telegram since the very start and have had there VERY heated discussions regarding various proposals (esp. the last one), and it's sometimes very hard to work with certain committee members. We also have fav and jakub in the channel since they hold alot of stake and we value their opinion very much. I can invite you into that channel if you like.
Also we've (I) been working on committee guidelines to streamline how we deal with proposals and this is very hard job to do since not everyone thinks there should be rules that are supposed to be followed. I'll publish the draft when I have enough committee support.

That said, I'll gladly step down if someone else wants to take my place.

this is not overreacting i assure you.  as for doing it unpaid, trust me i can feel you on that one.  this is the reason i advocate that if we go the route of community volunteers (as opposed to leadership of consensus-honoring graphene-based chains), that you DESERVE payment for it.  Also i am not calling i to wuestion motives, but i am calling into question why it has taken this for you all to respond to my multiple attempts to show you (both in the forums and even in a pm) that the community wants more openness. 

The way outsiders look in on is will define what the world thinks a out bitshares.  this is no small thing and i honestly think it is a disservice to you as a volunteer to be expected to do it when we have other bitshares based chains that could be represented and would bring with them their own resources.

i greatly appeciate the attempts but at this juncture i am floored that we do not have a means of bringing the shareholders i  to act as a check and balance to the committee's power.

The thing is, there is no committee. They're just a loose bunch of elected people who try to do their best to serve the community. There is only a little bit of organisation and as long there is not a code of conduct (or guidelines), this "commitee" can also not act as a committee but instead they will act as individual people - I've been trying to get some binding guidelines but it has been very difficult task to get everyone to agree on a single document.. in the past, the committee has acted as a real committee in some cases in cases of emergency, but that's not happening too often.

IMHO that needs to be solved first before there can be official communication from the committee.

Feel free to help.
Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
Fuzzy, I think you're overreacting. You have to remember we're all doing this unpaid, and this has been alot of unpaid hours in the past weeks

We've used telegram since the very start and have had there VERY heated discussions regarding various proposals (esp. the last one), and it's sometimes very hard to work with certain committee members. We also have fav and jakub in the channel since they hold alot of stake and we value their opinion very much. I can invite you into that channel if you like.
Also we've (I) been working on committee guidelines to streamline how we deal with proposals and this is very hard job to do since not everyone thinks there should be rules that are supposed to be followed. I'll publish the draft when I have enough committee support.

I'm one of the ones slowing mindphlux down.  I think mindphluxs rules are really great best practices, and I intend to follow them, but as an American I'm wary of signing things that even smell anything remotely close to something the ridiculous courts in this country could construe to be binding.  I'm probably over reacting.  Anyways my point is that we are not a cabal.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I can join puppies on that call if the scheduling works for me.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline fuzzy

just imagine how the world would see us if at the head of bitshares committee positions, acting as a check to bm and one another, were to converge as representatives of their own BitShares based DACs.  just imagine how that TRUE "SUPERNET" would be seen by outsiders. 

Ethereum would be scared.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
IMO the committee should be made up of people (one or more of the below) who have lost everything before, have been sued before or attacked by a government in some way, are at least 30 years of age, have built at least 2 successful companies in the past, have at least 1 or 2 friends that they hang out with regularly, refuse backdoor deals and discussions, have at least 1 year of full-time coding experience, are not a forum admin or moderator, have an actual avatar of their face and not some juvenile cartoon, retain a profile on bitrated or similar public ratings site, enjoy books like rich dad poor dad, see brownie.pts and being in his "good favor" as a very disturbing token, own at least 1000 Obits, and would quite honestly rather NOT be on yet another "Committee".

Fuzzy, your service should be a regular, paid Worker. Say 6000bts per day on a 6 month renewable contract. You do need to be a bit more assertive as a moderator tho IMO and keep the mumbles on topic and moving along.

I have NO interest in political positions either so I don't blame you guys for wanting more mumbles, but PAY FUZZY for his work. Dan is just another code contributor and team leader now so cut him some slack.

I have zero patience, you know that. Have u ever watched The Roast? Fuzzy, PLEASE get a Worker voted in, the Beyond Bitcoin crew certainly has my vote. I wish all the kids scattered about this forum would put down their fkin joysticks and get to work. Bitshares is not a get rick quick scheme. Do themselves and us a favor and start watching episodes of The Apprentice or something. Just GET MOTIVATED and figure out your own little way to bring people to Bitshares, or be poor forever.

Ok, let the personal attacks begin.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fuzzy

this is not overreacting i assure you.  as for doing it unpaid, trust me i can feel you on that one.  this is the reason i advocate that if we go the route of community volunteers (as opposed to leadership of consensus-honoring graphene-based chains), that you DESERVE payment for it.  Also i am not calling i to wuestion motives, but i am calling into question why it has taken this for you all to respond to my multiple attempts to show you (both in the forums and even in a pm) that the community wants more openness. 

The way outsiders look in on is will define what the world thinks a out bitshares.  this is no small thing and i honestly think it is a disservice to you as a volunteer to be expected to do it when we have other bitshares based chains that could be represented and would bring with them their own resources.

i greatly appeciate the attempts but at this juncture i am floored that we do not have a means of bringing the shareholders i  to act as a check and balance to the committee's power.

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile

Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
I think we will have many chances to massively f this up.

My decisions are not made on telegram.  Telegram is just another tool for collecting relevant information.  As is this forum.  As is mumble.  If you feel that there is information that I need to make an effective decision please share it with me.  Send me a pm on telegram, send me a pm on this forum. 

I'll gladly listen to all viewpoints.  Decisions are not made based upon who speaks loudest, or who has the most time to post in the forum though.  Decisions are made based upon voting stake. 

I personally feel that mumble sessions are one of the least effective means of determining the will of voting stake.  I'll gladly hop on and answer any questions I can though.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

I an not opposed to a mumble hangout but, I have been incredibly busy.  Anyone that feels my lack of communication with the community at large is an issue, is free to withdraw their vote. 

As long as I am a committee member, I will make the decisions that I feel are best for bitshares.  I feel like that is the job that I don't get paid for, and don't even really want. My disdain for politics should be widely known.

While the feedback from the small number of vocal users on this forum, or that would attend a mumble is incredibly useful in forming an opinion we all need to remember.  This forum does not speak for bitshares.  Mumble does not speak for bitshares.  Bytemaster does not speak for bitshares.  Bitshares speaks for itself.  Isn't that the whole point?  The votes we receive, or do not receive speak louder than anything else.  Once again, feel free to remove your vote if you disagree. 

With that said.  Fuzzy, I could make myself available to answer any questions in a mumble session Thursday or Friday.    Assuming that I haven't been voted out in the mean time.  Let me know what time, and I'll schedule around it.  I can only speak for myself though.  I'd like to stay away from hearsay regarding other committee members.

The forum is most of the community, Bytemaster is a person who has shown a pretty effective way of communicating his intentions with the community.  Mumble has been a solid tool for getting the message out about decisions while also enabling anyone in the community to join and ask questions in real time (a solid check on power). 

Does this mean there are not other ways?  No it doesn't, but I am showing you what the community who has responded thinks.  This is a poll that has 45 votes, which is a pretty decent sample size considering the size of our active community on these forums.  As for "bitshares speaking for itself", I guess that depends on who represents bitshares and who has the vote. 

Do we want outsiders seeing the openness of our past historical archiving of decisions seeing that transition into an opaque decision-making process that is not even an improvement upon the old way of accomplishing it?  I honestly don't care if I hold hangouts for this (to be honest I'm too busy with what I already have)...so it needs to be stated that i do not say this for any benefit to myself as I don't even control the monetization center of Beyond Bitcoin (the website).   

It was intentionally done this way because I understand the value of truly decentralizing the power structures.  This is also why I had the Sharebits.io/mumble guest list tool made in such a way that it will work for anyone running this stuff on any platform.   I am simply disappointed in the lack of communication with the community.  And P.S. you are right about this being a tough job (and largely thankless) which is why I strongly advocate we start paying committee members--but only if they are actively interacting with the community and keeping them in the loop.  Otherwise committee members have one hell of a reason to collude in a way that will destroy trust in bitshares----and we only get the chance to massively f this up once...

Offline puppies

• View Profile
I an not opposed to a mumble hangout but, I have been incredibly busy.  Anyone that feels my lack of communication with the community at large is an issue, is free to withdraw their vote. 

As long as I am a committee member, I will make the decisions that I feel are best for bitshares.  I feel like that is the job that I don't get paid for, and don't even really want. My disdain for politics should be widely known.

While the feedback from the small number of vocal users on this forum, or that would attend a mumble is incredibly useful in forming an opinion we all need to remember.  This forum does not speak for bitshares.  Mumble does not speak for bitshares.  Bytemaster does not speak for bitshares.  Bitshares speaks for itself.  Isn't that the whole point?  The votes we receive, or do not receive speak louder than anything else.  Once again, feel free to remove your vote if you disagree. 

With that said.  Fuzzy, I could make myself available to answer any questions in a mumble session Thursday or Friday.    Assuming that I haven't been voted out in the mean time.  Let me know what time, and I'll schedule around it.  I can only speak for myself though.  I'd like to stay away from hearsay regarding other committee members.

Offline fuzzy

Here is a nice little link that started me realizing something might be wrong: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20470.0.html

I am alerted and to be honest since I and apparently most the entire community were left out of these private discussions, it is pretty difficult to know the truth just from forum posts.  Committee members should be striving to be BETTER leaders than Bytemaster, so why so secretive in their meetings?

Please, read the link yourself provided. Read it. I am afraid You really missunderstood what xeroc is saying in that post.

I have (though I'm pretty sure you haven't check the link and are talking about the other link I could have provided).  However, it seems there has been one heck of a disagreement that the community was not let in on in any meaningful way.  That is all I can know...that and that of course not a single committee member responded to my request to begin this push toward using a format that has been proven necessary for "rule by the people".  And this is despite my outreach and the community's willingness to tell you guys what they want.

I am not putting all committee members down here.  Just sad that this has been handled so poorly considering Bytemaster and I have shown you guys working templates on how to do this.  Perhaps BM recognized this and made an executive decision that as long as the committee is unable to bring the broader community onboard that it wasn't quite ready for primetime...however, I cannot speak for bm and this is only speculation.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 05:30:49 pm by fuzzy »

Offline fuzzy

Offline fuzzy

Just wanting to update the community that the committee members that I reached out to the committee members currently in place approximately 1 week ago telling them of the substantial backing by the community for open town halls to keep the process of finalizing decisions open and transparent to shareholders. 

As you can see in this poll the community wants it.  Yet noone has reached out to me yet.  Unfortunately, however, I have heard of a private channel where they discuss the decisions without input from the community.  This is VERY DANGEROUS. 

BitShares has been kept alive because of BM's total conviction to trying to be as transparent as possible.  TRUST is priceless.  If outsiders begin seeing a secretive group of committee members who do not prescribe to a similar level of integrity...what are they going to think the future of bitshares will be? 

Just so everyone knows...the committee members have been made aware of my willingness to volunteer to bring these meetings together and Not a Single One has contacted me.

I think you just had bad luck on the timing fuzzy!

Basically just when you tried to reach us out, the bytemaster's voting thing happened.
All the committee was voted out and replaced by the inits.
Now seems that bytemaster added in his slate some "old" committee too, but I think that there is not a lot of confidence and certainty about who will effectively be in the committee since bitshares came back to a sort of one-man-decides. I preferred to see the community and proxies voting for the committee members and not the committee placed on by bm votes.

Anyway, I did not contact you back just because I am not longer a committee member.

About the private channel thing: I don't really know how/why some people seem to put a lot of energy in throwing sh*t on the committee.
There is a chat on telegram, as well as there is another one for the witnesses.
This does not mean we decide/decided anything without listening the community. Actually is the opposite since every proposals we did, started from input we gathered from community discussions on the forum.
Plus, in that chat there are not only committee members, but rather community members that could express a valid and important pov from the community itself.

The only Dangerous things are false facts spread as if they were holy truths.

The problem is the platform(s) chosen and a lack of communication.  There is a reason governance structures include other forms of media besides things like telegram and forums where it would require so much effort and constant monitoring just to keep in the loop, when it would be far more efficient to have town halls similar to what we currently do with BM.  And just so you know, I don't care if you use Mumble or not--and I don't even own the Beyond Bitcoin site, so I am not personally getting anything from advocating for it other than a good bit of extra unpaid work and the knowledge that our committee members are willing to be open and transparent in a way our community has grown accustomed to applying its own version of self-governance.  We need an easy way to put the spotlight on committee members in a way that makes them KNOW they are being watched.  This is also the reason why committee members should either be A) Blockchain team leaders for various Graphene based chains, or B) paid for their work...because it is going to be one hell of a stressful job (and it should be to make sure these people do not get bought out and turned against bitshares). 

These things I am saying are not half truths.  If there are other communication channels, why was I not informed of them?  Why were others not?  Why did the entire committee seem to ignore me?  You gave me your reason...what about the others? 

Committee members should be servants to the chain, but should be rewarded at a later date for their work (if they accomplish it without scandal). 

Just ask yourself if all this would be in the same place had the Committee listened to the community's answers to this poll that I posted nearly a month ago.  Because I can pretty much assure you if we had been doing Town Halls, most everyone would have been informed---and also able to get on and give you guys their concerns publically in a way that is highly visible to the community.  So why choose avenues that are easily obscured?  Also, where is the post that tells everyone to join this telegram group so they can keep up to date to the text conversations? 

*Note* Telegram ends up as a wall of text where information is very easily lost, so please take into account that it easily obscures what is going on.  If I do not log into telegram for a day I might join up tomorrow to see 1200 posts

*addition*  And why leave me out of the loop considering these ideas are actually mine?  Do I have to also run for a dang committee position to be taken seriously on this issue?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 05:26:05 pm by fuzzy »

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 04:23:50 pm by Bhuz »

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
Just wanting to update the community that the committee members that I reached out to the committee members currently in place approximately 1 week ago telling them of the substantial backing by the community for open town halls to keep the process of finalizing decisions open and transparent to shareholders. 

As you can see in this poll the community wants it.  Yet noone has reached out to me yet.  Unfortunately, however, I have heard of a private channel where they discuss the decisions without input from the community.  This is VERY DANGEROUS. 

BitShares has been kept alive because of BM's total conviction to trying to be as transparent as possible.  TRUST is priceless.  If outsiders begin seeing a secretive group of committee members who do not prescribe to a similar level of integrity...what are they going to think the future of bitshares will be? 

Just so everyone knows...the committee members have been made aware of my willingness to volunteer to bring these meetings together and Not a Single One has contacted me.

I think you just had bad luck on the timing fuzzy!

Basically just when you tried to reach us out, the bytemaster's voting thing happened.
All the committee was voted out and replaced by the inits.
Now seems that bytemaster added in his slate some "old" committee too, but I think that there is not a lot of confidence and certainty about who will effectively be in the committee since bitshares came back to a sort of one-man-decides. I preferred to see the community and proxies voting for the committee members and not the committee placed on by bm votes.

Anyway, I did not contact you back just because I am not longer a committee member.

About the private channel thing: I don't really know how/why some people seem to put a lot of energy in throwing sh*t on the committee.
There is a chat on telegram, as well as there is another one for the witnesses.
This does not mean we decide/decided anything without listening the community. Actually is the opposite since every proposals we did, started from input we gathered from community discussions on the forum.
Plus, in that chat there are not only committee members, but rather community members that could express a valid and important pov from the community itself.

The only Dangerous things are false facts spread as if they were holy truths.

Offline fuzzy

@fav apparently even left this group of secretive bitshares rulers...so until someone gives me a damn good reason to believe otherwise, I am going to thank him for his integrity and am going to advocate he consider running the Committee Town Halls in a manner similar to what we have all been used to.  We have to more than anything reward those who prove they are trustworthy...and this to me is probably the best way.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 04:20:51 pm by fuzzy »

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
that's why we need a chatbox in the forums

There is a chatbox in the forum that no one ever uses... I think the importance of having one is being grossly overstated.

Offline fuzzy

We have one already.  This should go to show you how effective it is.  Is there a reason none of the committee members want to do mumble town halls?  The model that has worked so well and actually proven itself over the past 2 years and given our chain a standard of transparency and trust that has been to this point in time among the most commendable in the world?

It was intentionally built and structured so you could have a voice...like pretty much everything I do for this community. 
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 04:14:59 pm by fuzzy »

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

Offline fuzzy

Offline fuzzy

Posting this to remind people my intention to accomplish this. 

It is obvious the community wants it...so if you are a committee member please reach out to me and we can find a way to have this.  I will be handing out tokens to those in attendance. 

These could be Brownies, my own token, or potentially even sponsor tokens...etc. 

Offline fuzzy

Imo the show should be divided in a few subjects per minutes. Assuming it lasts 2 hours so we could make up all of this, I would divide it in

10m for Dan's Updates on 2.0, bug fix, features implemented, etc keeping it short
50m for Dan to answer questions from the community

This sums up 1hour. Hangouts take longer but I guess we sometimes get lost in discussion.

30m for projects/businesses give their updates and talk about what they are building, keeping it short.
30m for committee members to analyse worker proposals and discuss their views about them.

2h sounds like a bit much but sometimes we won't have all business or projects creators to speak about them, same thing for committee members, etc. It's a matter of the host, Fuzzy atm, to keep people in check with time. That way we can talk about all of that per in a mumble session, keep it organized and give plenty of updates on the current situation

I definitely would like to have it after bms hangout.  However, i also dont want to constrain time too much because sometimes during the early stages of development we need to not cut a "runover hangout" off early. 

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Imo the show should be divided in a few subjects per minutes. Assuming it lasts 2 hours so we could make up all of this, I would divide it in

10m for Dan's Updates on 2.0, bug fix, features implemented, etc keeping it short
50m for Dan to answer questions from the community

This sums up 1hour. Hangouts take longer but I guess we sometimes get lost in discussion.

30m for projects/businesses give their updates and talk about what they are building, keeping it short.
30m for committee members to analyse worker proposals and discuss their views about them.

2h sounds like a bit much but sometimes we won't have all business or projects creators to speak about them, same thing for committee members, etc. It's a matter of the host, Fuzzy atm, to keep people in check with time. That way we can talk about all of that per in a mumble session, keep it organized and give plenty of updates on the current situation

Offline fuzzy

ok!
things are starting to get to the point where it is blatantly obvious we should do this.

However, I want to see if we can keep getting votes from the community.

Offline fuzzy

Thanks for the input everyone!

Please keep the votes coming. :P

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Awesome stuff fuzzy!

Offline fuzzy

Consider having the committee hangouts start shortly after Dan's weekly hangout to maximize participation.

Definitely...and to minimize difficulties for me to have to arrange for babysitting. 

Selfish reason?  Perhaps...but I don't give a damn! :P

Offline fuzzy

Yes。
But ,don't take too much money.

LOL.
Well played good sir. 

Beyond Bitcoin will probably ask for a worker proposal to open up the team of content managers and editors so people like metaexchange, bunker, cryptonomex, bitshares connexion, bitshares munich (etc...the list feels like it will go forever if I name off all the amazing, hardworking people here...so I'll stop at 5 for brevity's sake). 
I will continue doing some hangouts but will be working on tools to enable everyone who has their own hangouts, or attends hangouts to pass and receive tokens easily through mumble using a kind of guestbook signature w/ anti"bot" protection.  At that point we will need to start issuing our own tokens and giving ownership to those who build the infrastructure, and those who attend to learn and/or report about it.

This was always meant to be something bigger than it is today.  Beyond Bitcoin is not just me...the team and I are just showing people the template to follow. 

Town Halls are the beginning of 2.0...but it will cost something...however I think it is obviously a good deal and lets face it---would bitshares feel the same without Beyond Bitcoin being a big and strong movement?  It is almost as old as BitShares itself!  :)

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
Yes。
But ,don't take too much money.
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline Fox

Consider having the committee hangouts start shortly after Dan's weekly hangout to maximize participation.
Witness: fox

Offline fuzzy

Good to see people are so interested.  Please keep voting to let us know and also feel free to give opinions and ask questions.

Offline DestBest

BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Great initiative, fuzzy!

Offline fuzzy

Above is a poll to see how interested people would be in attending hangouts with committee members to hear their visions and plans for bitshares?

Some of them may oppose one another while others may wish to collaborate, but the community would get the chance to listen in, report live from mumble and even give their own opinions when they feel it is necessary.