Author Topic: Private funding through fee backed assets  (Read 1651 times)

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz
Would you buy an asset now to fund development of a feature in exchange for a portion of the fees from that feature?

Sure.

I also think that many community members here would love to do the same for core features.

There were a lot of discussions about Margin Trading, Bond Market, Prediction Market and others

Offline Riverhead

The best way to answer the cost question is to first write a clearly defined spec and ask a developer to price it.

+5%

It's hard to code/estimate, "something like".

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
@Stan

Would an easy to use front end for the prediction market that Bytemaster already demonstrated is functioning be an example of this fee based assets? Is there opportunity for third parties to create a front end separate from the wallet and tie right into this system? With Augur bringing in 5 million for their crowd fund, I wonder if we're missing any opportunity here.

I believe you will see something like that proposed sooner than later.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

TravelsAsia

@Stan

Would an easy to use front end for the prediction market that Bytemaster already demonstrated is functioning be an example of this fee based assets? Is there opportunity for third parties to create a front end separate from the wallet and tie right into this system? With Augur bringing in 5 million for their crowd fund, I wonder if we're missing any opportunity here.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
In response to the following quote

The 4-6 weeks to accomplish this stealth feature...does it means that basically all other works (DEX's core features) would be put in pause?

Bytemaster just made a post about the prediction market, that is available in the cli/blockchain, but not on the GUI yet.
I personally think that the Prediction Market could bring a lot more users than stealth, and I would prefer to head efforts on Prediction Market or others DEX's core feautures instead, at least for the time being.

If you've ever run a business, you know that you need a backlog of funded work to hire more people and then you hire more people to work off the backlog.  It's an endless growth cycle you try to sustain.

So, ask not how much work the current team can do.
Ask instead, how to fund a team big enough to do everything.

Get a backlog of work in the pipeline and let the entrepreneurs figure out how to get it done.

"If you fund it, they will come."

How much would it cost to build a margin trading engine similar to polos both backend and gui?

Are there any other really good ideas that you have that could be backed by a fee based asset, for which funding is the bottleneck?

Who in the community would be interested in holding one of the multisig keys to an account that issued these assets?

Who would the community like to see holding the multisig keys to an account that issued these assets?

Would you buy an asset now to fund development of a feature in exchange for a portion of the fees from that feature?

These are exactly the right questions to be asking.

I'm bumping it here hoping to see teams form to pursue the best ideas this community can come up with.

The best way to answer the cost question is to first write a clearly defined spec and ask a developer to price it.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
In response to the following quote

The 4-6 weeks to accomplish this stealth feature...does it means that basically all other works (DEX's core features) would be put in pause?

Bytemaster just made a post about the prediction market, that is available in the cli/blockchain, but not on the GUI yet.
I personally think that the Prediction Market could bring a lot more users than stealth, and I would prefer to head efforts on Prediction Market or others DEX's core feautures instead, at least for the time being.

If you've ever run a business, you know that you need a backlog of funded work to hire more people and then you hire more people to work off the backlog.  It's an endless growth cycle you try to sustain.

So, ask not how much work the current team can do.
Ask instead, how to fund a team big enough to do everything.

Get a backlog of work in the pipeline and let the entrepreneurs figure out how to get it done.

"If you fund it, they will come."

How much would it cost to build a margin trading engine similar to polos both backend and gui?

Are there any other really good ideas that you have that could be backed by a fee based asset, for which funding is the bottleneck?

Who in the community would be interested in holding one of the multisig keys to an account that issued these assets?

Who would the community like to see holding the multisig keys to an account that issued these assets?

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads