Other > Muse/SoundDAC

Where the real money is - the big record labels & artists

<< < (2/2)

gamey:

What I like about the Hollywood exchange partnership is that you may get in a situation where the media references the HollywoodShares site regularly.  This could help with protoshare's exposure to a more main stream audience.  You need a casual entertaining way to pull people in and people are endlessly fascinated by Hollywood type stuff.

Empirical1:
Ie. This is just an application of POS share systems.

The goal for Bitshares would be to create the dominant marketplace/exchange where they are traded.

Bitshares Music would be the  Itunes/Youtube of this space and if the POS's were denominated in something like BitUsd all the better.

Empirical1:
Record companies already have contracts in place with artists and have admin & accounting systems in place that manage and process various revenue streams (record & concerts sales, merchandising etc.) which are then partly distributed to the artist based on the contract terms. (The record companies are kept 'fairly' honest in this regard by auditors and because if they were cooking the books too much other artists wouldn't sign with them.)

While it's possible for investors to buy shares in some of these record labels if they are publicly listed, it's not really accessible for fans. It also hasn't been practical till now to issue shares for individual artists, albums or songs.

POS share systems change everything!

Record companies in agreement with their artists can now reduce their risk, raise capital & get fans interested & involved not just in consuming but marketing their artists too! 

The record company will issue a POS, with a contract attached, in which they agree to distribute X % of various revenue streams as dividends to the POS much the same way they already pay their artists.
(As I said the degree to which they are perceived to hold up the agreement will determine how willing fans/investors are to support future POS artists, albums and songs issued by said record label.)

This model will also have a big application in funding movies in the future too.

Personally I would recommend maybe contacting Hollywood Stock Exchange HSX.com as they have a nice interface and userbase already used to do something similar for fun. (If we work in combination we might be able to become the youtube/itunes of this space & require each new IPO distributes % share to Bitshares Music holders.)

Whether or not Bitshares gets involved here I can see quite clearly that this is the future. (For the benefits I mentioned, reduce risk, raise capital, and the completely new USP (which Bitshares Music already identified) of have invested fans actively marketing their favourite artists.)

(The benefit of this vs. existing Bitshares Music is this gives access to already established artists, multiple incl. offline revenue streams (Album Sales, concerts, merchandise) & companies who will establish a track record of honouring contracts across a range of offerings, not just a small share of a specific online revenue stream from largely unknown artists who will if successful have to sign with a centralised management/record label anyway. Plus the record labels already have a huge marketing machine in place that will be complimentary to the viral and network marketing the fans will be engaged in.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version