Author Topic: Best Current Options For Privacy / Coming Future Options For Privacy...  (Read 1308 times)

Offline yvv

• View Profile

Offline karnal

• View Profile
There's no privacy right now.

At the moment, the best you can do is transparently proxy the application through tor (since there's not even any proxy support ..), create a couple of wallets (since if you have >1 account in each wallet, you need to pay for all account registrations from another of your accounts, irreversibly linking them in the process), don't create all accounts in a row or it'll be easier to correlate that they are your accounts later.

From there, load over time (days) in unequal amounts to the different accounts, just bear in mind that right now all these balances will be completely public.. but since you did this over Tor, over several days, and not linking accounts through registration, it won't be possible to trace all these balances back to you.

When the STEALTH feature comes - I think this month if the deadline hasn't moved by much - you can then (for instance) create your new and final wallet, and again over days transfer unequal amounts to a single account on the new wallet.

I believe it is possible to hide sender, receiver and amount with the STEALTH technology that's being tested on the testnet right now. Someone might be able to confirm that (I'm interested, as well).

Offline Sage

• View Profile
Any tips for the current state of Bitshares to maintain anonymity/privacy?

Any word on the coming privacy features... and possible implementation dates?