Main > Stakeholder Proposals

[Worker Proposal] OpenSource BitShares Mobile SDK (Android/iOS)

<< < (3/4) > >>

xeroc:
The worker has now been created on the blockchain and can be voted for 1.14.134
Of course, the worker runs through the BBF and thus has all the usual accounting transparency
https://workers.bitshares.foundation/201811-mobile-sdk

xeroc:

--- Quote from: yury on October 31, 2018, 03:36:26 pm ---Thanks a lot, Fabian! We were going to come up with a WP to opensource OL mobile app and develop it further, I wonder if we have some overlaps here, maybe we shall collaborate somehow, or shall it be independent initiatives? Do I understand correctly that you propose to use 1 developer for a year to complete the task? Our initiative is much more prompt.

--- End quote ---
I think a cooperation between OpenLedger and BlockchainProjects makes a lot of sense. There is plenty of business we could mutually benefit from. As for this worker proposal, I believe it makes only little sense put two entities behind it. Mostly because both architectures have been independently developed and thus surely are vastly different from each other.
Either way, looking forward to see more details from OL.

yury:
Thanks a lot, Fabian! We were going to come up with a WP to opensource OL mobile app and develop it further, I wonder if we have some overlaps here, maybe we shall collaborate somehow, or shall it be independent initiatives? Do I understand correctly that you propose to use 1 developer for a year to complete the task? Our initiative is much more prompt.

xeroc:

--- Quote from: yury on October 30, 2018, 03:54:32 pm ---How does it look like as of now? For example if comparing to OL mobile wallet.

--- End quote ---
Screenshots can be found here:
https://github.com/bitshares-foundation/bitshares.foundation/tree/master/_workers/2018-10-mobile-sdk
Keep in mind, this is an SDK! that means, an actual app can be customized to whatever is needed

Thom:
An interesting approach to provide a framework. It sounds like you are building this SDK to be similar to the ref wallet, in that it is a general purpose SDK for use by any application (i.e. trading, saving [think portfolio], investing, recurring payments...), and by any particular target audience.

This will allow you to avoid dealing with market research or identification of a target audience, leaving those concerns to those who use the SDK to build a wallet with UI / UX tailored to specific needs. That is something we have needed from the start, so very glad to see this.

I like this proposal better than the one to produce only a UI / UX design but no code. The cost is also more favorable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version