Author Topic: Need help to get my BTS from Bter  (Read 1158 times)

Offline onceuponatime

Because the wallet release is still in beta it is still a bit of a resource hog. Here is one person's experience with v0.6.1

"I upgraded my memory from 4GB to 16GM and now the wallet works wonderfully.  Great update!" 
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14155.msg185398#msg185398

You can also wait a short while because a light weight wallet which doesn't require you to download the whole blockchain will be released shortly.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14323.0

If you do get v0.6.1 or later versions downloaded, you will be able to register an account from within the wallet. You then use that registered account name to withdraw from bter.com to. When you go to the withdrawal page (at Balances page got to BTS and click on withdraw) at bter.com, they ask you for your registered account name, your withdrawal password, etc.  It is all quite self-explanatory.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 04:13:39 am by onceuponatime »

Offline jnporter099

• View Profile
Hello. I have been trading BTS on Bter for a while now without ever using a personal wallet on my computer. So if or when Bter ever comes back up after the 7120 BTC hack, I hope to get my BTS off of Bter and stored on my computer. So I downloaded the software ( Windows ) but it keeps crashing while trying to sync the blockchain. What to do? It got to 131 days ago last time I started it and then hung. And this wallet is so different than any other crpto wallet I have used! For instance, is there a tutorial on transferring funds from an exchange to my personal wallet? I can't even find where to get addresses to receive and send funds from my wallet. Somebody please help me get this going before I have to transfer my sizeable amount of BTS from Bter.com, if they ever come back online. Thanks very much for reading and/or suggestions.

jnporter099