Author Topic: how about to pay salary to committee members?  (Read 5080 times)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
yunbi proxy + bitcrab voting power are far less than being able to control the committee.

enough incentive already? why there are still 3 empty slots in the committee?

Not because there are no incentives but probably because there aren't as many people with enough knowledge that can fit that position. Or maybe shareholders think so and don't vote whoever is trying to get in.

I mean, if someone has the knowledge and cares about BitShares I assume they would go for it. I assume everyone wants to protect their investment. I might be wrong though, but there might not be enough people with the knowledge/skills needed to hold that position.

I don't know about the Chinese community but I think you're the only one on the committee? I would like to see more Chinese make part of it in hope there would be more communication and debate. As well as having more influence on Chinese exchanges since there's where most of the money seems to be.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
yunbi proxy + bitcrab voting power are far less than being able to control the committee.

enough incentive already? why there are still 3 empty slots in the committee?
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Incentive to be committee members is already there. The chance to make the best decisions for BitShares and your investment.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
I haven't looked at the voting recently.

Does your proxy voting power + Yunbi proxy give you enough votes to select the entire committee yet?

If so the total payment would mostly be yours and Yunbi's because you control who gets elected?

if being committee member can get revenue, then candidates have incentive to promote BTS to get more supporters,this will help the marketing and eliminate the voting apathy.

This was part of the idea behind the initial delegate system. It didn't work too well. Once people got elected they were very 'sticky' due to voter apathy and could just keep collecting income for little work.

The delegate system also didn't add value to BTS for shareholders.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 11:23:38 am by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
just want to collect opinion from community on this topic.

we need to encourage competent people to work as committee member, to work as a committee member is not easy, you need to do a lot of analysis, discussion, you also need to interact with public, work should be paid, then more competent people would like to join and make the committee more efficient.

if being committee member can get revenue, then candidates have incentive to promote BTS to get more supporters,this will help the marketing and eliminate the voting apathy.

in my view the salary should not be high, in my intuition, maybe 5000 BTS/day for one member is ok.

any thoughts?
Email:bitcrab@qq.com