Author Topic: Why we might to interview Jim Willie again...  (Read 3748 times)

Offline jamesc

Easy as in server wallet backups!  I agree..

Offline fuzzy

Well i have talked to jim about getting a wallet set up for him to start accepting bts and bitassets like bitgold and bitsilver from his subscribers.

He is actually growing more and more interested.  The only thing in the way is that it has to be so easy for him to do that he basically has to do nothing different from what he is already doing...except adding that payment method to his site.

Id be glad to give anyone interested in helpig accomplish this with some BROWN-NOSERS...i mean BROWNIE.PTS for volunteering and further selflessly supporting bitshares.  I can pretty much guarantee you it will be a big deal...
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline jamesc

You may have heard of Golden Jackass before.  Jim Willie of "Golden Jackass" is well known for his hot topics of Gold and Politics.  Something has changed recently.  I picked up on a increase in his pleas to make his message heard.

The topic is largely consistent: the US petro dollar collapsing and criticism of the war.  I do not generally get this fired up or listen to that much emotion but I'm making an exception here.  I believe in the message and believe that it is a good idea to hedge against the risks in Jim's warnings.

I have used crypto for a while to do this.  As a shareholder: This idea used by many leads to long-term serious holdings in Crypto Currency assets.  People like my wife and I offer a boost to a currency by buying some and holding with the idea of hopefully having enough to  passing on to the next generation.  Thanks to people like Jim, Fuzzy, and Dan,  I see a bigger picture and (in putting it all together) I don't want my country to be stuck with crappy money, crappy stocks, and worse (you will with 100% certainty hear from Jim on this)..

Let's start thinking about getting together and listen to Jim and offer him expert information to help him understand the fundamental facts about Crypto Currency.  Let’s hope that in time he will be able to give crypto proper consideration as a viable fait alternative: in addition to hording real gold and real silver.

Jim is a very passionate outspoken thinker and he should be paired with a very knowledgeable group like ours.  This should be unlike his typical interview where he is basically doing all of the talking.  I would suggest that our familiar format.  Fuzzy is an excellent person to assist and balance the discussion.  Other familiar voices jump in where appropriate and hopefully Dan Larimer will be available as an expert in the Crypto Currency field.

Word of warning, and my opinion::  Jim may sound "over-the-top."  If you like the network effect please consider this idea (crowd psychology if you will).  I'll try to sum it up as a non-expert:  Crowd think is basically very dumbed down and the `drive` is largely subconscious and emotional.  I think of it as a lessor common denominator of all the minds.  Additionally, if crowds were completely rational it would be impossible to actually act as a crowd (the individual would question and diverge on their own path).  It is in our nature to get on a good path and then go with the flow.... 

If you have not heard it, here is the interview.  Please consider Jim's listen count on fuzzy's show:

** 10K views as of Nov 2015

https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/beyondbitcoin-jim-willie-golden-jackass-bonus-hangout-10-28-2015-s3

Notable: Jim devoted a lot of his time covering the topic of ISIS.  Very interesting given the recent tragic attacks by ISIS in France..  Also the reason for my writing this post now.

How to sweeten the deal for Jim to bring him back?  He wants to get through to people.  People in crypto are already making great strides to adopt and trust new technology.  Our crowd might possible be the easiest crowd for him to connect with.  His motives seem to be that of pure caution and concern for human rights.  If he can expand his message he will be incentivized.  Crypto holders have incentive to believe him and it directly helps cryptos as a whole to have people buying it up as a hedge against fait (US and foreign markets).

Why would he validate crypto?

Basically he is warning that in the near future (who knows next 2-4 years) the dollar can lose enormous value.  I'll try to recall, he said something like there could be a 50% of its value causing a 75% loss in purchasing power after considering foreign imports.  Also during this phase foreign manufacturers will not want to ship to the US due to the 3 month price exposure to the USD; they will likely want to wait 3 months then the dollar could still be unstable which puts them into the next 3 month cycle of waiting, etc...

** 45,000 Views, 325 thumbs up and 15 thumbs down (about 97% approval)
Jumping into the talk "Supply Shortages"
https://youtu.be/AfPMgogwLxE?t=22m27s

Crypto can't even help unless of course our stores were willing to pay in stable established crypto X and overseas manufacturers accept.  Now, if Americans held crypto X, even if it were not backed (like a bit asset), it would still mean we could sell it in foreign markets where there were strong economies.  This fact alone is enough for US citizens to understand and therefore, in a crisis, start accepting the currencies on their phones.

I would also suggest that at this stage for Jim, BitAssets maybe be interesting but would probably be a distraction.  What he must digest is that crypto currencies have predetermined rules which can make them very resistant to corruption.  Also important for him to really understand "Decentralized," "No trusted party," and instantly tradable in foreign markets from mobile phones.  Bit Assets are a next logical step but it may take Jim some restless nights while so his mind can compile this information...

So, until he can fully appreciate and rationalize this concept, anything else is a distraction and might derail the process.  In the interest of the industry as a whole I would suggest to simply avoid repeated references to any specific crypto like "Bitcoin" and instead make a general reference to "Crypto Currency."

I mentioned France.  Why this may matter for the United States?

Truth in Media: Origin of ISIS
8 months 1,6500,000 views with 11,700 thumbs up and 400 thumbs down
(about 95% approval)
https://youtu.be/o6kdi1UXxhY