Author Topic: Why we might to interview Jim Willie again...  (Read 3749 times)

Offline emailtooaj

Yes, welcome SSgrim!  We hope you feel encouraged to engage with the community... Just watch out for the negative trolls lol
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline bitacer

Offline SSGrim

The podcast you guys did with him on Oct 28th was how I was introduced to Bitshares. I've followed him for about 2 years now and have recently delved into crypto.  http://www.goldenjackass.com/main5.html

INTERVIEW WITH BITSHARES
November 12th: topics covered are Global Currency Reset with its delayed implementation and confusing aspects and ramifications, constructive cooperation between Russia & China, the Agenda-21 and its many ugly faces from Elite destructive pet projects, the prospect of lower oil prices and the resultant damage with specter of new energy sources, the wonderful independence of internet and freedom from controls, some personal career path details
https://beyondbitcoin.org/beyond-bitcoin-bonus-hangout-jim-willie-golden-jackass/

You should get Peter Schiff as well. He is already on board with bitcoin and is an off shore fund manager. Check him out on youtube. Has a pretty large following.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
powerful emotions in play https://youtu.be/8zKuoqZLyKg?t=47m20s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP7L8bw5QF4&feature=youtu.be&t=4m31s
This is a crystal clear example of psychopathy.  The scale of human suffering that the death of 500,000 innocent children implies is literally beyond anybody's mind to comprehend.  One example of a remotely reasonable reaction to that question is...

"Worth it?!  Of course it wasn't worth it. What kind of sick question is that?  Are you trying to deliberately terrorize the relatives of the lost with this grotesque insensitivity?  Nothing like this can ever be allowed to happen again.  I am completely hollow from the horror of it.  My only wish now is to join those poor children in death for my part in failing to protect them."

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
If Bitcoin was the answer, ...

I agree to the extent that there is certainly no "The Answer."

Decentralization in this space is a consequence of all the coins and all the communities. If Bitcoin "wins" we will all win. Imagine Bitcoin at $20 000 for a second. Don't you think all the leading projects and developers in this space would have more than enough capital to finally reinvent the financial system? They certainly would. Now imagine Bitcoin crashing to $30. Everyone would pull money out of this space for a few years. In that time,  banks and other private institutions would have a chance to catch up and make products indistinguishable in quality to the average consumer, and all would be lost. For better or worse, it seems to me that our fate is tied to Bitcoin for the foreseeable future.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 08:19:18 pm by CLains »

Offline fuzzy

Indeed.  Outrage is an appropriate emotion....and perhaps hope.  But those poor kids will still be lost, their families will still be devastated.  We owe it to their sacrifice, their anguish and their memory to ensure blockchain's potential to wipe out corruption is realized.   

Problem to me is that people actually think Bitcoin will change all this.  Bitcoin (and all the rest of crypto) is part of the Hegelian Dialectic (Create the Problem knowing the reaction...and then providing the "solution").  Ironically, this happened all around the same time of the 2008 crisis when most of these banking cartels stole such large sums of money that they can now completely control the entire crypto market to ensure the projects they want to succeed do...and then utilize the tribalism of those chains to destroy those chains that do not work the way they would like it to. 

Let's look at some interesting points about bitcoin and mined tokens (ethereum briefly mentioned):

- Bitcoin is proof of work, which could have quite easily been controlled very early on to give multiple state actors (likely from intel agencies) a very large stake in it. 
- Bitcoin is not anonymous.  In fact pretty much all tx can be traced by governments. 
- If Bitcoin was the answer, Ross Ulbricht would still have control the silk road (now it is controlled very likely by the same cartels that it was built to fight against)
- ASIC manufacturers are the big controllers of bitcoin and at this point I honestly am not sure if anything will fix that balance of power distribution problem that has been guaranteed to have risen up...
- Blythe Masters, the architect of much of the corruption in markets today, and other people like the Winklevoss bros (who were part of the creation of freedom-loving facebook) are in love with Bitcoin.  Why??
- Microsoft (who intentionally provided backdoors in their software for the NSA) and IBM (who has a long history of terrible actions) are now accepting ethereum even though it is still largely so new that it is not even yet certain to work...(but trust me it will...because they will make sure it does, for them).

There is much more and unfortunately this is a terrible day for me to try to respond because I'm technically out with fam, but suffice it to say, we need to really step back and think instead of succumbing to the emotional side of the argument.  OUR decisions on how to use crypto...not bitcoin...are going to save or enslave us:

Click the image to read the article...

« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 07:33:04 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Indeed.  Outrage is an appropriate emotion....and perhaps hope.  But those poor kids will still be lost, their families will still be devastated.  We owe it to their sacrifice, their anguish and their memory to ensure blockchain's potential to wipe out corruption is realized.   

Offline fuzzy

Well i have talked to jim about getting a wallet set up for him to start accepting bts and bitassets like bitgold and bitsilver from his subscribers.

He is actually growing more and more interested.  The only thing in the way is that it has to be so easy for him to do that he basically has to do nothing different from what he is already doing...except adding that payment method to his site.

Id be glad to give anyone interested in helpig accomplish this with some BROWN-NOSERS...i mean BROWNIE.PTS for volunteering and further selflessly supporting bitshares.  I can pretty much guarantee you it will be a big deal...

Perhaps talk to him about setting up a wallet just for getting tips as a start. It will seem less of a risk for him then to start off accepting subscription orders in crypto.  The tips from our community will simply be gravy on top of his current subscription orders.

Agreed.  However the big problem still is that we need to find a way to makenthat very very easy.  I am willing to set it up for him, just trying to see if anyone has ideas on how to accomplish this in a way that gains his respect and makes it easy for him.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline onceuponatime

Well i have talked to jim about getting a wallet set up for him to start accepting bts and bitassets like bitgold and bitsilver from his subscribers.

He is actually growing more and more interested.  The only thing in the way is that it has to be so easy for him to do that he basically has to do nothing different from what he is already doing...except adding that payment method to his site.

Id be glad to give anyone interested in helpig accomplish this with some BROWN-NOSERS...i mean BROWNIE.PTS for volunteering and further selflessly supporting bitshares.  I can pretty much guarantee you it will be a big deal...

Perhaps talk to him about setting up a wallet just for getting tips as a start. It will seem less of a risk for him then to start off accepting subscription orders in crypto.  The tips from our community will simply be gravy on top of his current subscription orders.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
Perhaps Peter scoff would be a good person to interview. He is absolutely correct on the economy in my opinion, but is skeptical about Bitcoin. He recently accepted Bitcoin as payment in his firm, but it would be great to hear his take on bitassets. You probably know he was the economic adviser to Ron paul