Author Topic: Let's advertise the GUI on bitshares.org  (Read 1525 times)

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Great ideas, we should implement asap!

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
there should be just one big button on bitshares.org "Create a Free Wallet" and a little "learn more" link.

Offline Thom

another thing bitshares.org needs is big simple buttons saying click here to download bitshares 2 for windows and click here to download bitshares 2 for mac. Instead of linking to github.

I know us geeks like it for logical reasons but average joe doesn't.

I say no reason to tell them to download anything. Go to openledger and create a wallet + account. Easy. No worrying about keeping software up to date, installing it etc.

I do agree with sentiment regarding linking to github tho. No reason to alienate the avg. jane or joe.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
another thing bitshares.org needs is big simple buttons saying click here to download bitshares 2 for windows and click here to download bitshares 2 for mac. Instead of linking to github.

I know us geeks like it for logical reasons but average joe doesn't.
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
good idea!

Also I think the live bts price should always be displayed at the top of the website and the GUI for that matter.
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

jakub

A very simple idea: why not make several screen-shots of the GUI and display them boldly on https://bitshares.org?
I know the GUI is still an unfinished product but even at this stage it is quite remarkable and to put it simply - quite beautiful. We should be proud of it.
The GUI is a strong selling point so why not take advantage of it?

If I were new to BTS and was shown these screenshots, I'd be very intrigued and I'd want to try it out.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 04:46:30 pm by jakub »