Other > Beyond Bitcoin [closed]

Questions for August 22

<< < (2/6) > >>

gamey:
Just for clarity, the get what you pay for order matching algorithm protects against typical market participants front-running.  It does not provide a defense against a delegate reordering transactions.  I was wondering what can be done to protect against that ?   

It is like how banks were caught queuing up charges on bank cards and putting the largest ones first to maximize the number of overcharges.  Weird games can be played like that by being able to order transactions. 

Stan:

--- Quote from: TheOnion on August 21, 2014, 10:13:09 pm ---
--- Quote from: gamey on August 21, 2014, 10:54:10 am ---Can a delegate in Bitshares X frontrun? 

What in the network would allow detection of this type of attack if it exists ?

--- End quote ---

I believe this is THE MAIN reason for the 'Get What you asked for' order matching algo. Will be happy to hear Dan confirm/reject that.

--- End quote ---

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3895.msg50318#msg50318

tonyk:

--- Quote from: gamey on August 22, 2014, 01:49:38 am ---I would just like to state that even though the question is answered, Dan may very likely be asked anyway. :)

--- End quote ---

By you or by me?  :)

gamey:
I would just like to state that even though the question is answered, Dan may very likely be asked anyway. :)

xeroc:

--- Quote from: TheOnion on August 21, 2014, 10:13:09 pm ---
--- Quote from: gamey on August 21, 2014, 10:54:10 am ---Can a delegate in Bitshares X frontrun? 

What in the network would allow detection of this type of attack if it exists ?

--- End quote ---

I believe this is THE MAIN reason for the 'Get What you asked for' order matching algo. Will be happy to hear Dan confirm/reject that.

--- End quote ---
*confirmed* although i am not BM :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version