Other > Random Discussion

Why aren't there many women in crypto?

(1/8) > >>

yankey:

--- Quote from: fuzzy on February 26, 2015, 09:29:53 am ---
--- Quote from: yankey on February 26, 2015, 09:14:09 am ---
--- Quote from: kenCode on February 25, 2015, 07:30:07 pm ---My 3 year old daughter knows more about circuit boards than any low voltage tech I have ever met.  She knows more about coding in javascript than most first year cs majors.

Girl power! http://youtu.be/o8Ui4xXL19A

Ya know, I'd like to also mention here that to teach crypto is quite simple..
Take your bitcoin-curious female friend out for lunch. If she drives, you buy.
Tell her that you'll show her in about 5min how easy bitcoin is to use. (this assumes the cafe accepts bitcoin)
She installs mycelium, you send her some bitcoin, she pays for lunch. Send her another couple bucks worth of bitcoin on the drive home for the gas.
When you get home, show her how to do a backup, use coinality, do some online shopping, etc.
Planting seeds is fun, no? :)

Peace thru Crypto

--- End quote ---

Have done / am continuing to do just exactly that!

--- End quote ---

Do you run the "rawdog" u tube channel?

--- End quote ---

nope. thats not me.

kenCode:
No.
If I post a youtube it's usually thru my personal g+ page, just my family stuff.

fuzzy:

--- Quote from: yankey on February 26, 2015, 09:14:09 am ---
--- Quote from: kenCode on February 25, 2015, 07:30:07 pm ---My 3 year old daughter knows more about circuit boards than any low voltage tech I have ever met.  She knows more about coding in javascript than most first year cs majors.

Tell her that you'll show her in about 5min how easy bitcoin is to use. (this assumes the cafe accepts bitcoin)
She installs mycelium, you send her some bitcoin, she pays for lunch. Send her another couple bucks worth of bitcoin on the drive home for the gas.
When you get home, show her how to do a backup, use coinality, do some online shopping, etc.

Peace thru Crypto

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Do you run the "rawdog" u tube channel?

yankey:

Peace thru Crypto

--- End quote ---

kenCode:
My 3 year old daughter knows more about circuit boards than any low voltage tech I have ever met.  She knows more about coding in javascript than most first year cs majors.

Peace thru Crypto

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version