Author Topic: Gateways missing from Deposit/Withdraw screen  (Read 1531 times)

Xeldal

Click on an Account in your wallet, click on Deposit/Withdraw...

I see Open Ledger (CCEDK) and BlockTrades.us, but..

Why doesn't Poloniex, MetaExchange, Yunbi, BTC38, BTER, DACPlay, BunkerDEX and BANX show on that page?

ps: OpenLedger is one word, not two. That needs to be fixed in the wallet. @ccedk
pps: does that screen update dynamically when new Gateways are added, or do I need to always download the latest wallet?

short version: we can't do it for them, they have to do it themselves.

To be a gateway you have to offer an on-ramp to the BTS network via a UIA or Smartcoin.  Poloniex, Yunbi, BTC38, BTER etc have no such UIA and would have to create and manage it themselves.  Gateways are custodians of some outside Asset like BTC or USD and offer a BitShares UIA token to represent, in good faith, that value and conversion from Inside <-> Outside the BitShares Network.

Poloniex for example is a custodian for BTC and issues a Token on their own centralized Poloniex Network.  They could do the same thing on bitshares, but its their choice.  Noone but Poloniex can implement a Poloniex deposit/withdrawl gateway service on BitShares . Without access to the BTC held at Poloniex any BTC deposit/withdrawl gateway for them would be worthless.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Why doesn't Poloniex, MetaExchange, Yunbi, BTC38, BTER, DACPlay, BunkerDEX and BANX show on that page?

ps: OpenLedger is one word, not two. That needs to be fixed in the wallet. @ccedk
pps: does that screen update dynamically when new Gateways are added, or do I need to always download the latest wallet?

We are not there yet just because our gateway isn't available yet.

@fav We do plan to have assets on chain/in the DEX.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Hi Ken,

We have just finished work on adding metaexchange, you can see a test version here:

https://bitshares.org/wallet

Please check it out and let us know what you think :)

The reason you don't see the other exchanges on there is that adding each one takes time, and their APIs may not even support the functionality needed.

Cheers, Paul.

the reason that they're not in is because they do not issue an asset on chain.

Offline monsterer

Hi Ken,

We have just finished work on adding metaexchange, you can see a test version here:

https://bitshares.org/wallet

Please check it out and let us know what you think :)

The reason you don't see the other exchanges on there is that adding each one takes time, and their APIs may not even support the functionality needed.

Cheers, Paul.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat