Author Topic: My Thoughts on the Bitcoin Foundation  (Read 2338 times)

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
I haven't thought to much about it .. but essentially, we could have an opensource society that earns you KARMA when you "donate" and the society could pay software developers.
Problem is that karma is "only" a social reputation ... If you can make having a good karma something people want to have .. then that society could work ..
Yea I agree fuzzy, beautiful. People need to alter what they value, what motivates them in order to truely give life to these ideas. Fortunately I think many peoples of the world are on the cusp of re-evaluation and awakening.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
That's implied by persistence.

Made me smile.....

Thanks Charles, very insightful. I hope it generates the action necessary to bring a new mindset to Bitcoin, one with greater collaboration. I hope all sincere projects can rise together.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I haven't thought to much about it .. but essentially, we could have an opensource society that earns you KARMA when you "donate" and the society could pay software developers.
Problem is that karma is "only" a social reputation ... If you can make having a good karma something people want to have .. then that society could work ..

Offline fuzzy

"It's really not that hard to accomplish something great. It just takes vision, persistence, honesty and leadership."
http://hoskinsoncharles.blogspot.com/2015/12/how-to-save-or-destroy-bitcoin.html

And a very thick skin, right?
+5%
:)

Can we construct a btcoin society similar to MAS that incentivizes btc holders to pay into while funding the btc foundation and maybe even btc development/ecosystem?

beautiful idea.  how would this work as you evision it?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
We also have a larger, but somewhat related problem that the blocksize debate has made blatantly clear- governance. It seems nearly impossible to get the community to agree on anything outside of trying to increase adoption and the underlying value of the bitcoin token.

This is why I have very little faith in Bitcoin right now. It just doesn't have a governance mechanisms that could be used to solve blocksize or any other problem.

Bitcoin doesn't only need a governance model for the foundation, but even more it needs a governance model for the blockchain. A highly valuable blockchain cannot be governed like an anarchistic opensource project.

Bitshares has witnesses, committee and workers who all can be voted in or out. I consider it as a gold standard for the blockchain governance at the moment – I haven't seen anybody proposing anything better.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
"It's really not that hard to accomplish something great. It just takes vision, persistence, honesty and leadership."
http://hoskinsoncharles.blogspot.com/2015/12/how-to-save-or-destroy-bitcoin.html

+5%
:)

Can we construct a btcoin society similar to MAS that incentivizes btc holders to pay into while funding the btc foundation and maybe even btc development/ecosystem?

Offline bitacer

+5%

IOHKCharles

That's implied by persistence.

Offline onceuponatime