Author Topic: Can't sync blockchain on latest bitshares client. Can I still make transactions?  (Read 1272 times)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
okay so it does seem to be syncing now, just very slowly.. like a gb a day almost. should I be worried about the "Severe network problem" message and frequent disconnect messages, or will that go away once the blockchain is fully synced?

That happens to me when it's syncing too don't worry about it. I'm not sure but I think there was a member hosting an updated blockchain you could download that it would take less time syncing.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline warpio

• View Profile
okay so it does seem to be syncing now, just very slowly.. like a gb a day almost. should I be worried about the "Severe network problem" message and frequent disconnect messages, or will that go away once the blockchain is fully synced?

Offline warpio

• View Profile
Ever since upgrading to version 0.9.2, the blockchain syncing is completely broken. It got to about 4.5gb, and at that point the client starts taking up ALL of my ram, and the it keeps downloading blocks and then deleting them, as if it's stuck in a loop or something. I've searched through this forum and google and tried some solutions but nothing worked.

So... does the blockchain need to be fully synced before I can make a transaction? If I try to make a transaction now, will it fail? In that case, is there some way to import my wallet into a light client so I can transfer funds that way? Or am I basically stuck with my funds locked up until the dev team can get this fixed?