Author Topic: Metaexchange gave me wrong rate....  (Read 1952 times)

Tuck Fheman

Only market orders should exhibit this behaviour (as they are essentially limit orders with extreme prices), if you are seeing this behaviour on limit orders, that is a bug :)

edit: what market and order type was it (buy/sell)? I'm having trouble reproducing the problem...

I'm not positive, but pretty sure I used BTC/BTS Quick order and on both occassions that week I noticed this issue.

Offline monsterer

Only market orders should exhibit this behaviour (as they are essentially limit orders with extreme prices), if you are seeing this behaviour on limit orders, that is a bug :)

edit: what market and order type was it (buy/sell)? I'm having trouble reproducing the problem...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 09:35:07 pm by monsterer »
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
paul should explain it in detail

as long the transaction is pending it show not the actual rate it will exchange! maybe we can change it in the future!

i only know this from the "quick" order and here it shows not the rate you will get. so you had this with the limit order?

If we would have this problem, we would compensate - but so far the system is working solid :D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 08:45:05 pm by Shentist »

Tuck Fheman

Never mind... it showed the wrong rate while pending.... but I got the right rate.  Just scared the shit outa me lol :)

Ya I've seen that as well and had a "awww fuck ... oh nevermind" moment myself. ;)

Offline jstone6626

Never mind... it showed the wrong rate while pending.... but I got the right rate.  Just scared the shit outa me lol :)

Offline jstone6626

I lost 17.6 % of my BTC on this order.... that hurt.  I hope it can be fixed.

Offline jstone6626

I placed a 0.75137528 limit order @0.00001673 of BTS on metaexchange, and got a 0.00002008 rate....Transaction ID:

ab0fe07f44f20624d5cea54170f76269b0665fcb1138ca15bec6be4c13af2eef   what happend???