Author Topic: United States Powerball lottery, China need purchase channels,bts big chance  (Read 2565 times)

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

Yup, need to pay in cash. Found that out the hard way lol. Guess this is my first rodeo.

Thread derail in 3.....2.....

I'm not sure I want to win the lottery. It's like gaming when you turn on god mode. You'd think having unlimited money would be awesome but it sucks the life out of the game. Would life mirror art?

Even if I was filthy rich, I'm confident there would still be plenty of challenge left in life.

puppies: Agree. Life isn't a Final Fantasy whether you have unlimited gil or not. It's more of a minecraft. Scratch that, it's a texas hold 'em.

River: But if you're really down for the challenge I'd be happy to assist in a reboot by relieving some of those bits from the blockchain for you. Harharhar sry, couldn't resist. I think we all knew somebody was gonna drop that tired line in this thread. I should probably go to bed.

This could be unsubstantiated bullshit because I didn't dig, but I believe it: I read that the several months ago they decreased the odds that anybody will win the powerball so they can let it ride for longer and build up bigger looking jackpots to sell tickets.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies

Yup, need to pay in cash. Found that out the hard way lol. Guess this is my first rodeo.

I'm not sure I want to win the lottery. It's like gaming when you turn on god mode. You'd think having unlimited money would be awesome but it sucks the life out of the game. Would life mirror art?

Even if I was filthy rich, I'm confident there would still be plenty of challenge left in life. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Riverhead

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Is there an automated way to get tickets? I can't imagine going to a gas station to buy that many tickets for a big lottery pool.

There's a woman in Texas who has won her state's high stakes lottery three times. She has a system that sometimes works to increase her chances, but she apparently buys something like $5,000 worth of tickets at a time. That's a lot of paper.

No automated way to buy tickets... the gas stations actually get a cut from winning tickets.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Is there an automated way to get tickets? I can't imagine going to a gas station to buy that many tickets for a big lottery pool.

There's a woman in Texas who has won her state's high stakes lottery three times. She has a system that sometimes works to increase her chances, but she apparently buys something like $5,000 worth of tickets at a time. That's a lot of paper.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
imagine someone has to buy $900 million in bitshares to payout... that would be some intense marketcap :P

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
Yeah.  The issues with this are multiple.  If I were to set up a UIA that represents a share in the tickets that I purchase then it would be the same as all other UIA's.  A un collateralized IOU.  This would probably not be much of an issue as long as winnings were low or non existent. 

If you were to win the jackpot though.  The level of scrutiny you would get would be ridiculous.  If you break a minor gambling law, and you are poor no one is really gonna come after you.  If you break a minor gambling law and you are a have $900M then every agency in the country is gonna want a piece. 

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
make bts the  Platform for purchasing and notary
mobile apps