Author Topic: LTM's to unlock special "credits" for users of the ecosystem? (Rough Overview)  (Read 2272 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
@fuzzy can you make the topic longer when posting a new thread next time? I always ignore the posts if nothing can be get by reading the topic alone. Time is money, my friend.

//Update: the idea in OP is interesting.

what precisely are you meaning?  i intentionally left it a little focused and concise but will gladly explain further if you want.
Some people would think: when I see the title of a new post, if I don't know what it is talking about, I click in and see what it is.
Some other people would think: when I see the title of a new post, if I don't know what it is talking about, I just ignore it since it will likely waste my time.

I think I'm the latter. I don't like the title of this thread. Makes sense?

thanks for the feedback.
Thanks for update.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline fuzzy

Gamefication and feature unlocking can work well and sounds fun...

Also what about a lifetime member lottery...lol... give out 100k bts every quarter or something like that... 

i like it.

I like this ideas .. but how would you fund that?
Once you figured that our, you can even run a profitable business around the gamefication ..
It doesn't really need to be a blockchain feature but anyone could do so ..

How about a lottery for LTM .. you pay $1 and once the pot is full enough to pay a single LTM upgrade fee .. you pick a random "donor" and upgrade his account!?

Yes, these techniques can be used as well. like i said, gamification is very powerful and goes perfectly with cryptocurrencies.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

@fuzzy can you make the topic longer when posting a new thread next time? I always ignore the posts if nothing can be get by reading the topic alone. Time is money, my friend.

what precisely are you meaning?  i intentionally left it a little focused and concise but will gladly explain further if you want.
Some people would think: when I see the title of a new post, if I don't know what it is talking about, I click in and see what it is.
Some other people would think: when I see the title of a new post, if I don't know what it is talking about, I just ignore it since it will likely waste my time.

thanks for the feedback.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog

Offline fuzzy

Offline noisy

@fuzzy can you make the topic longer when posting a new thread next time? I always ignore the posts if nothing can be get by reading the topic alone. Time is money.

+1
Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog

« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 04:16:44 pm by abit »

Offline merivercap

• View Profile
    • BitCash
Yeah that would be cool to have a lotto for LTM... it maybe better to start with a lot of smaller prize lottos...  block production should be random so we can just select a future block and associate a witness with a lotto ticket?
BitCash - http://www.bitcash.org 
Beta: bitCash Wallet / p2p Gateway: (https://m.bitcash.org)
Beta: bitCash Trade (https://trade.bitcash.org)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I like this ideas .. but how would you fund that?
Once you figured that our, you can even run a profitable business around the gamefication ..
It doesn't really need to be a blockchain feature but anyone could do so ..

How about a lottery for LTM .. you pay $1 and once the pot is full enough to pay a single LTM upgrade fee .. you pick a random "donor" and upgrade his account!?

Offline merivercap

• View Profile
    • BitCash
Gamefication and feature unlocking can work well and sounds fun...

Also what about a lifetime member lottery...lol... give out 100k bts every quarter or something like that... 

BitCash - http://www.bitcash.org 
Beta: bitCash Wallet / p2p Gateway: (https://m.bitcash.org)
Beta: bitCash Trade (https://trade.bitcash.org)

Offline fuzzy

What if the size of stake one is holding unlocked a trickle of "free credits" to an account?

So if Bob has 1,000 BTS, he gets 1000 credits a month.
If Sarah has 5,000 BTS, she gets 5000 credits a month.
(note: these numbers are completely arbitrary and could be structured in various ways--but will not go further at this point). 

These credits could be used toward the fees for various "features" such as:
1) encrypted messaging,
2) creation of assets, bitassets and more. 
3) ...?

However, to "unlock" this awesome power, you have to have a lifetime membership...

It would be entirely possible to allow people to put up a % of them every month (and various other things could be made available for them).  This would help make people feel like they are "in the club" and get special bonuses (but only after the take the dive and put up for a lifetime membership (which will make them more likely to stick around for the long haul). 

A few "power ups" that could be used:
1) 10% less fees (across the board or we could even separate each and make them each a power up and give each tiers--,2,3,4,5 that maxes out at 25% and costs large amounts of credits (or bts as 1:1?) for each tier)
2) Can sell 5% more of total credits (this could have multiple tiers--1,2,3,4,5 that maxes out at 25% and costs large amounts of credits (or bts as 1:1?) for each tier)
3) ...?

Various gamification techniques could be used in this and it is really open ended, but it will be interesting to hear people's thoughts on the potential of making it possible to "unlock" these powerups...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 02:44:10 am by fuzzy »