Author Topic: LOST BITSHARES / IDEA PROPOSAL  (Read 7413 times)

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
an account recover service will be available in the future. However there is no such thing right now. Did you made a new backup with you 2.0 wallet?
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
that should only be done if we could clearly identify the owner of the original account, however that can't be done since you can't access your account already and since we don't have any kind of ID system implemented. Without that, if we removed accounts, it would only take 1 to cause massive panic and BitShares would certainly fail as no one could guarantee their funds were safe.

That's the advantage of having IDs, KYC stuff, etc, which I believe is not BitShares domain. It's something more Identabit or Ripple related. But even Ripple doesn't allow this atm if im not mistaken.

I feel sorry for you but unless someone with a high enough stake helps or members pool in their funds, that won't happen  :-\
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 01:54:28 pm by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline jackthunderz

• View Profile
I agree, i've got the same problem in 2.0, and an account in .9.3c that i cant migrate over.
What a mess this turned out to be

Offline tony-hughes-design

Hi guys,

I've only recently been interested in cryptocurrency since it came into the media light. Oh I wish I was into it all before it became public knowledge not so much about my own greed wanting to jump on the bitcoin waggon but the ideas behind cryptocurrency are truly more inspiring than any revolutionary, more than any protest against tyranny, cryptocurrency should be up there on a pedestal next to che guevara, martin luther king and anybody else fighting for the people.

Unfortunately my experience with bitshares hasn't been a great one since 2.0. I had browser issues with my safari and a particular plugin which caused me to clear my cache. At that time I thought the open ledger password and my brain key were the same thing, so I didn't worry I was confident that my password was assuring the safety of my bitshares as backing up my brain key was only a 'recommendation' unlike now where its become mandatory. :(

If there are any leading people behind bitshares who can return my lost bitshares it would be really nice :) My account Tony-Hughes is sitting there with full membership and 80,000 bitshares which I brought during the whole hype and unfortunately can't access and just sits there....... :(

IDEA.

Burn accounts through a consensus. I think with the established model you have in bitshares you could at a reasonable fee to the network.

That any account which is
1.) Registered
2.) using 2FA authentication.

Could by request have an account burnt. Which would allow for the release of their account name, inappropriate account names, and lost money removed out of the ledger and assets freed could then be assigned to either the recorded email via email dialogue a new a new account which signing up with a hyperlink which contained a key or something like that.

The benefits.

1.) Cryptocurrency without account loss.
2.) Inappropriate ID's , Account names could be burned.
3.) Lost assets but were satisfactorily signed up with 2FA, Registered email, forum member etc. Could request their account being burnt and assets freed.

Please have a think about it guys.
I don't want anybody else having something like 300-400$ lost in an account they can't ever touch.

www.tonyhughesdesign.com
NO dyslexic people were harmed while taking the time to write this post.