Author Topic: btsbots reborn  (Read 10472 times)

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
btsbots have withstood the test of today
exchange.btsbots keep provid liquility at market BTS:CNY, BTS:TCNY, BTS:BOTSCNY, BTS:USD

that's great news! :)
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
btsbots have withstood the test of today
exchange.btsbots keep provid liquility at market BTS:CNY, BTS:TCNY, BTS:BOTSCNY, BTS:USD

Offline monsterer

or let me ask another question, what's your price for USD/BTS?
if you give  the price 0.0031, do you think sell BTS at price 0.0031*1.01, and buy BTS at price 0.0031/1.01 is profit?
if you think sell 10K bts at price 0.0031*1.01 is profit, how about sell 1M BTS at this price?

If you take an average and also provide an equity graph, it will be obvious.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline alt

• View Profile
@alt
What about charging a fee only when the bot makes a profitable trade?
If it's a loss - no fee.
If it's a profit - e.g. 20% fee.

Is it doable?
However it may be hard to judge whether a trade is profitable, especially when price moving quickly.
In a second it looks profitable, but after a second it's not, and another second it's profitable again.

By the way the bot would always consider the trade is profitable, otherwise it won't trade at all.

OK, I understand.
But it is surely possible to have some kind of profit&loss analysis on a daily or weekly basis. And pay a generous success fee only *if* there is a profit in a given day or week.
still very hard to give this, for example, this is a fill order recently, the feed price is 0.00343USD/BTS
do you think it's profit or loss? and how much?
Code: [Select]
exchange.btsbots paid 5.2776USD to obtain 1,722.92768BTS at 0.00306316 USD/BTS

or let me ask another question, what's your price for USD/BTS?
if you give  the price 0.0031, do you think sell BTS at price 0.0031*1.01, and buy BTS at price 0.0031/1.01 is profit?
if you think sell 10K bts at price 0.0031*1.01 is profit, how about sell 1M BTS at this price?

Offline monsterer

I'd like to point out that alt's btsbot earned more than 20% (amount is in BTS) in BitShares 0.x period, which deducted some loss caused by a serious forking issue happened in Nov. 2014 (caused by a bug in BTS code). It would earn more than 40% if the forking issue didn't happen. So personally I have strong confidence in Alt.

That's good. Positive reviews always help a service get established... but warning lights go off in my head when you talk about taking a percentage fee per trade.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
I'd like to point out that alt's btsbot earned more than 20% (amount is in BTS) in BitShares 0.x period, which deducted some loss caused by a serious forking issue happened in Nov. 2014 (caused by a bug in BTS code). It would earn more than 40% if the forking issue didn't happen. So personally I have strong confidence in Alt.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline monsterer

yes, it's the poin
all I can do is try to explain the bot's behave, what thing the profile/config can change.
you can decide if this bot can help you, and what profile you should use

All you can do is:

1. Provide a forward test of profit/loss graph over the course of 1 day/week/month
2. Tell us the ratios of winning to losing trades
3. Tell us the ratio of average winning trade size to losing trade size
4. Tell us the maximum drawdown percentage over the course of your forward tests

This is standard stuff.

edit: example:

« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 01:28:29 pm by monsterer »

Offline alt

• View Profile
@alt
If it's a loss - no fee.

Is it doable?
However it may be hard to judge whether a trade is profitable, especially when price moving quickly.
In a second it looks profitable, but after a second it's not, and another second it's profitable again.

By the way the bot would always consider the trade is profitable, otherwise it won't trade at all.
yes, it's the poin
all I can do is try to explain the bot's behave, what thing the profile/config can change.
you can decide if this bot can help you, and what profile you should use

jakub

@alt
If it's a loss - no fee.

Is it doable?

OK, I understand.
But it is surely possible to have some kind of profit&loss analysis on a daily or weekly basis. And pay a generous success fee only *if* there is a profit in a given day or week.

Offline alt

• View Profile
this is just a service, and need income to maintain and develop.

pay for it only if you think you need the service.

what you can do with the service and how much profitable you can got from the service depend on yourself.

I strongly advise that no one use this service until alt provides details on profitability from live testing, or the other statistics I mentioned above. Taking a trading fee from all trades assumes that the bot is *always* making a profit, but making markets carries a very high risk, so you are likely to lose a lot of money, while alt profits.
thanks, I have the same advise.
we need more test

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
@alt
If it's a loss - no fee.

Is it doable?

BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline monsterer

what you can do with the service and how much profitable you can got from the service depend on yourself.

I strongly advise that no one use this service until alt provides details on profitability from live testing, or the other statistics I mentioned above. Taking a trading fee from all trades assumes that the bot is *always* making a profit, but making markets carries a very high risk, so you are likely to lose a lot of money, while alt profits.

jakub

@alt
If it's a loss - no fee.

Is it doable?

Offline alt

• View Profile
this is a market makeing bot, make bid/ask order at the current price with a spread.
nobody can make sure this is profitability.
if you need a marke maker to provide liquility, you can try this bot.

And yet you propose to take a percentage fee from every trade? That assumes that every trade is profitable, otherwise this is an overall loss for the user.

Offline monsterer

this is a market makeing bot, make bid/ask order at the current price with a spread.
nobody can make sure this is profitability.
if you need a marke maker to provide liquility, you can try this bot.

And yet you propose to take a percentage fee from every trade? That assumes that every trade is profitable, otherwise this is an overall loss for the user.