Author Topic: Two-Factor Authentification  (Read 1080 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
"Traditional" 2FA will not be possible since you hold your keys in your own hands ..
but BitShares 2.0 will have something WAY BETTER than that .. It's an extension to traditional "multi-sig" .. where you can spread access to your funds across any number of other accounts .. and you define a condition that has to be met in order to access your funds ..
It works like this:

1) your account "coldstorage" has $1B in it .. you tell the network to only allow transactions if they are signed by with a weight of at least 75%.
2) now you can give people "partial" access to your funds .. everyone you give 75% or more can have instant access. If you give 30% to three different people they need to ALL agree 30+30+30>75. you can also give 10% to 10 people .. then only 8 of those need to agree. You can also give 50% to your other account and let your wife take 25% .. then you would need to convince your wife .. (but how would do THAT!?) Anyway, you need defined your set of people and a condition
3) now when you want to do a transaction for your coldstorage funds you "propose" a transaction to the network mean you broadcast a transaction that is 'valid' but does NOT execute.
4) no you tell you firends/partners/wife to accept the transaction .. they add their signature to the proposed transaction.
5) once the condition is meat (the threshold is passed), the transaction validates automatically ...

Hence .. you can have a 2FA provider that has 49% access to your funds and sends your a verification request every time he sees a proposed transaction for your account .. automatically!
Isn't that a KILLER FEATURE?

wait to see the other features in action!!!!

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
2FA is planned, but not on initial release, as far as I remember

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
Hello,

will the Graphene Webwallet UI contain the option to add optional two factor authentification upon the BTS launch?

I found this documentation, https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/wiki/Wallet%202-Factor%20Authentication%20Protocol

Will this be part of the BTS 2.0 launch? Launching without it will cause alot of stolen funds etc, and every serious bitcoiner will see us as amateurs.
"What? Building the next fintech platform and not including 2FA? Are you serious?"

mindphlux
Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.