Author Topic: do you remember the period without expired limit?  (Read 1275 times)

Offline merivercap

• View Profile
    • BitCash
At one point there was also supposed to be both BitAsset 1.0 and BitAsset3.0 on the this chain.  I completely forgot about that.  That obviously didn't happen.  There was some complication somewhere i guess, maybe with paying interest.

You are referring to a time long before this even.

It would be interesting to see.  I remember that the biggest issues back then were bugs and broken clients.  So the market never really had a chance to prove itself.

I'm not a big fan of the current BTA2.0(3.0) implementation for a few superficial reasons like the price not centering around 1:1 parity, and the settlement feature as another detriment to shorts.  But I also think it has had little time to develop and there are some ideas about cosmetic fixes like adjusting the feed price by the market premium for that Asset so it trades closer to 1:1 .  Starspirit was pursuing a lot of these ideas like couponUSD that would be used with merchants etc, that I don't really fully understand.  They were never really fleshed out completely as far as I know. 

I'd like to see the current system develop but I agree that the older approach has merit and a certain appeal. 

I'm certainly not qualified to come up with something new, but an option would be to use the new private MPA's and just disable the things you don't want, to make it function like the older models.

Is there issue with having various approaches to this?  Multiple smartcoins for the same thing with different mechanics.  A bitCNY1.0 bitCNY2.0 bitCNY3.0  etc.?

I would be up for having a few public smartcoins.  The private smartcoins were supposed to be an option and I was going to pursue that, but you still have regulatory risk because the private organization would control the committee and parameters.   If we can get Bitshares committee members to control multiple versions such as bitUSD1, bitUSD2 we can experiment.  We should also find a way to find a bridging mechanism for one to go into the other because only one will probably survive and the others will die of illiquidity... thinking about transitions ahead of time would help make implementing something like this easier. 
BitCash - http://www.bitcash.org 
Beta: bitCash Wallet / p2p Gateway: (https://m.bitcash.org)
Beta: bitCash Trade (https://trade.bitcash.org)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
at the beginning,
the short orders don't have limit with expired,
everybody are full of confidence for BTS,
how much offset at the wallet order book?
I remember it's only about 3%.
how much offset do you think if we get rid of the settlement logic?

I agree alt, the version one was never tested indeed. We can have a long discussion of it, I have a good chance of being mostly on your side but AFTER you put your full support to revert back to what was promised and changed overnight under the BTS holders noses, yesterday.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Xeldal

At one point there was also supposed to be both BitAsset 1.0 and BitAsset3.0 on the this chain.  I completely forgot about that.  That obviously didn't happen.  There was some complication somewhere i guess, maybe with paying interest.

You are referring to a time long before this even.

It would be interesting to see.  I remember that the biggest issues back then were bugs and broken clients.  So the market never really had a chance to prove itself.

I'm not a big fan of the current BTA2.0(3.0) implementation for a few superficial reasons like the price not centering around 1:1 parity, and the settlement feature as another detriment to shorts.  But I also think it has had little time to develop and there are some ideas about cosmetic fixes like adjusting the feed price by the market premium for that Asset so it trades closer to 1:1 .  Starspirit was pursuing a lot of these ideas like couponUSD that would be used with merchants etc, that I don't really fully understand.  They were never really fleshed out completely as far as I know. 

I'd like to see the current system develop but I agree that the older approach has merit and a certain appeal. 

I'm certainly not qualified to come up with something new, but an option would be to use the new private MPA's and just disable the things you don't want, to make it function like the older models.

Is there issue with having various approaches to this?  Multiple smartcoins for the same thing with different mechanics.  A bitCNY1.0 bitCNY2.0 bitCNY3.0  etc.?

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
at the beginning,
the short orders don't have limit with expired,
everybody are full of confidence for BTS,
how much offset at the wallet order book?
I remember it's only about 3%.
how much offset do you think if we get rid of the settlement logic?