Author Topic: Identifying BitShares Community Cornerstones  (Read 6003 times)

Offline fuzzy

fuzz

also known as

fuzzy

works tirelessly to bring 500 new coins to drop on BTS (or whatever you hold).

Also talks A LOT on some show..."the beyond something..."

I love you too Tony.  :)

I definitely don't make anything from what I'm doing though if that is what you are getting at.  I'm actually in the red by quite a bit for doing what I do.  I do miss the days when you actually thought I did something valuable.  I remember once you telling me so :(

P.S.  Did you know that every time I send brownies, I pay the fee? Did you know that I also work a fulltime job and get very little sleep?  Sometimes it is best to not assume bad things about people when you don't know facts.  It hurts people and your connection with others.     

P.P.S.  Is there someone in bitshares you DO value?  Might be a good way to start this?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 06:55:16 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
fuzz

also known as

fuzzy

works tirelessly to bring 500 new coins to drop on BTS (or whatever you hold).

Also talks A LOT on some show..."the beyond something..."
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline fuzzy

I will begin (though this will not be an exhaustive list by any stretch of the imagination--which is why I need YOU to join me in helping list them):

-Xeroc (large amounts of documentation, helping newbies and overall just ridiculous amounts of work for very little in return)
-Jabbajabba (helps run and control the beyond bitcoin site)
-Tuckfheman (helps run and promote the beyond bitcoin hangouts--in a different way than jabba)
-Emailtooaj (edits hangouts, makes bitshares flyers, graphics, and various other things)
-Testz (posts all our community's hangouts to Youtube and Youku.  Still posting to soundcloud raw hangouts?)
-GChicken (coding work for beyond bitcoin to help automate the long process of distributing tokens to hangout attendees)
-BitScape (Busts his butt and spends personal funds to help bring the story of bitshares to the world
-Roadscape (Busts his butt in the backend work for bitshares and cryptofresh and helps pay personal funds to help bring the story of bitshares to the world)
-Cryptoprometheus (works hard behind the scenes to help create a platform that will help our community accomplish various tasks that are not easily accomplished using outdated forums)
-DSN (working hard in a bunker built to withstand armageddon and bring bitshares back to the world after the fallout has passed :P)
-Monsterer (works hard to build and maintain our community's shapeshift competitor---MetaExchange)
-Shentist (works hard to build and maintain our community's shapeshift competitor---MetaExchange)
-Alt (builds tools to help delegates--and witnesses?)
-Spartako (builds tools to help witnesses)
-CLains/And Big Bro (constructing bitshares educational material and organizing recorded meetups where this information is disbursed)
-Thom (works on many tasks that the community needs accomplished, from debugging code to running witness nodes)
-Kencode (works on BitShares POS and many other things (bitshares expo sometime in 2016?)...last I checked this dude literally had less than 20k bts and the amount of work he is doing is ridiculous)
-fav (forum admin)
-cube (helps many people with technical issues)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 09:39:10 am by fuzzy »

Offline fuzzy

**this thread is open until otherwise stated.  it may close at any time, so please participate now because waiting might keep you from acknowledging those who deserve your recognition!**

I am trying to compile a list of individuals who the bitshares community believes to be the most loyal, trustworthy and helpful members.  If you could please help me by listing individuals who you would like to personally thank for displaying these characteristics, I would be extremely grateful. 

Try to keep in mind that im searching for people who you consider extremely valuable to bitshares.  Who you believe, if for some reason they left, would take a chunk of bitshares value with them.

Just a few caveats however:
1) list any projects they work on for the community(if possible)
2) one post will do it--please dont post multiple posts with 3 different people every time.  Nvm this one--post as many as you feel are necessary.  If it becomes ridiculous, I'll let you know. 
3) there is no minimum number of people you can list...you may even list only one.
4) if someone else has listed one of yours already, please feel free to list them again...or add someone different who is not on the list.
5) please omit me from this list.  It might make me smile, but i dont need credit...only to rule the world with an iron fist (and ask you a seemingly endless slew of questions)!

P.S.  as we begin looking to form a committee, it is important we start looking to ourselves to help establish the individuals we think are great candidates.  Some of the most valuable people in BitShares will never ever speak up about their contributions.  Those people are the ones for whom we must advocate most...and I'm willing to bet we all know at least one person we feel meets this criteria.

P.P.S.  This MIGHT end up being a "browniable" event...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 06:19:30 am by fuzzy »