Author Topic: BitShares 2.0.160216 Released  (Read 13440 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Was the Chamelon release delayed?

The hard fork enabling Privacy Mode was successfully completed. It is now undergoing extensive testing. We are waiting on Ben to give the "all clear" from his testing activities.

Looking forward to hearing about the test results.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline mint chocolate chip

Congratulations. Show this post - Stealth Transfers - some love via a Tweet or other social media and help spread the word about this exciting new feature. Thanks

Offline onceuponatime

The hard fork enabling Privacy Mode was successfully completed. It is now undergoing extensive testing. We are waiting on Ben to give the "all clear" from his testing activities.
Awesome! is that maybe the reason why it took quite a few hours to receive my BTS on OpenLedger from Poloniex? Just wondering

I don't think so. I think your issue may be with Poloniex.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21479.msg281767.html#new

Offline Fiazk

• View Profile

Awesome! is that maybe the reason why it took quite a few hours to receive my BTS on OpenLedger from Poloniex? Just wondering

Offline onceuponatime

Offline Fiazk

• View Profile

Offline Thom

I know I ask this every time, but how can I confirm I'm running the latest version? The info command doesn't tell me...

about

It's silliness like this that makes learning our API's  code such a pain in the ass.  Why is basic info like this not in a single place / API?
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline monsterer

I know I ask this every time, but how can I confirm I'm running the latest version? The info command doesn't tell me...

about

Perfect, thanks :)
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies

about
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline monsterer

Offline Thom

seed04.bitsharesnodes.com,
seed05.bitsharesnodes.com,
seed06.bitsharesnodes.com,
seed07.bitsharesnodes.com

have all been upgraded to the BitShares 2.0.160216-1-g2a5c6a3 release, including witness verbaltech2.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Here is another customized version:

My I suggest  the  Apatetic update
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline svk

Where can I learn more about the new api?

Here's part of it, at least: https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/blob/f7bfcea355b77cd07d0eee0963e8dea0935d3dbc/libraries/app/include/graphene/app/database_api.hpp#L365-L400
But don't try to use get_ticker yet, it's bugged and unusable in its current state. I have an issue open about it.

Haven't tried the others yet so can't say if they're broken as well or not.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline mostar

• View Profile
Where can I learn more about the new api?

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
Is there final documentation on the stealth implementation specifics?  How it works, capabilities, best practices etc...

even general overview stuff would be cool

I think I recall Ken mentioning Xeroc was working on those. Not sure though.

cool, ultimately we need trading "experts" or the guru types that sell trading systems for all sorts of things in other financial markets to start doing the same for our markets. Here's the future i see:

-noise retail traders from all over the word trading 24/7/365 on the DEX
-boutique financial groups springing up to channel non-crypto savvy savers to park funds in our bond markets for yield
-trading bots galore trolling the DEX, providing liquidity and doing all sorts of algo trading
-small businesses around the world using our DEX for IPOs, SEOs, and debt offerings

at present, our devs have kicked a$$ creating the trading platform; the next step is to create all sorts of docs and tutorials for how to use it...not just technically how to place orders, but how to profit.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Is there final documentation on the stealth implementation specifics?  How it works, capabilities, best practices etc...

I think I recall Ken mentioning Xeroc was working on those. Not sure though.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Here is a version with just the Coming message as some requested:

Best one yet. The Bunker produces!
Yea, absolutely brilliant bunker! Love it!

Offline onceuponatime

Best one yet. The Bunker produces!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Have all the exchanges been notified?
I just wrote
- poloniex
- bittrex
- yunbi
- ccedk
- shapeshift
- btc38

We (metaexchange) already know about this, but we'd still appreciate being notified officially :)
Do i have your skype or mailadress?

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline monsterer

I just wrote
- poloniex
- bittrex
- yunbi
- ccedk
- shapeshift
- btc38

We (metaexchange) already know about this, but we'd still appreciate being notified officially :)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
Chameleon is actually a cool name. I think this is the kind of little things that in the end can make the difference. They seem insignificant but can definitely have an impact.

+5%

Yep remove '2.0.160216'

We can keep the '2.0.160216' for ourselves, but adopt other names for general public and marketing.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Chameleon is actually a cool name. I think this is the kind of little things that in the end can make the difference. They seem insignificant but can definitely have an impact.

+5%

Yep remove '2.0.160216'

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
Any chance someone could tweet it with this image embedded, and let me have a link or eveb tweet with @CCEDK_ mentioned, and I would lik to give it some twitter love

Done, sir ...just blasted out to the tweetverse

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I just wrote
- poloniex
- bittrex
- yunbi
- ccedk
- shapeshift
- btc38

Did you asked about confirmation from their site, that they received and read an email?
I did not .. most of them are idling in a skype announcement group particularily for that use case ..

Offline noisy

I just wrote
- poloniex
- bittrex
- yunbi
- ccedk
- shapeshift
- btc38

Did you asked about confirmation from their site, that they received and read an email?
Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I just wrote
- poloniex
- bittrex
- yunbi
- ccedk
- shapeshift
- btc38

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts

Thanks a lot for your help!

First line is not legible enough. Could you outline it, or darken it or somehow make it stand out just a little more? And the "a"s and "o"s appear to be virtually the same. Can they be more distinguishable?

The whole thing is too "busy". Please try combining 3rd line into 2nd line, drop the "now", and make the 2nd line's font size smaller than top line:  BitShares 2.0 with Privacy Mode

I think that would do it. I appreciate your efforts!

I tried a few different fonts regarding the A and O but nothing looked better.. In the end I spaced it out a bit more and I think it helps define them. Also darkened the background like u asked and everything else.

I really like it!! Thank you!!!

@JonnyBitcoin    Can you get this image into the DailyDecrypt once or twice before Feb 23?

Any chance someone could tweet it with this image embedded, and let me have a link or eveb tweet with @CCEDK_ mentioned, and I would lik to give it some twitter love
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore

First line is not legible enough. Could you outline it, or darken it or somehow make it stand out just a little more? And the "a"s and "o"s appear to be virtually the same. Can they be more distinguishable?

The whole thing is too "busy". Please try combining 3rd line into 2nd line, drop the "now", and make the 2nd line's font size smaller than top line:  BitShares 2.0 with Privacy Mode

I tried a few different fonts regarding the A and O but nothing looked better.. In the end I spaced it out a bit more and I think it helps define them. Also darkened the background like u asked and everything else.

Better remove '2.0.160216' IMO..
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline Akado

• View Profile

Offline onceuponatime

I really like it!! Thank you!!!

@JonnyBitcoin    Can you get this image into the DailyDecrypt once or twice before Feb 23?

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Riverhead

Fantastic. I know onceaponatime has some change requests but personally I like it the way it is. The blending supports the stealthiness IMHO. Also, it wasn't until my third for forth viewing that I saw the lizard. Nature win.

Offline onceuponatime

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

The upcoming "Chameleon Release" of BitShares2.0 with Privacy Mode

Awesome... if anybody wants to you can tweet and share that image all you like.. just vote for Datasecuritynode for Witness :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline onceuponatime

The upcoming "Chameleon Release" of BitShares2.0 with Privacy Mode

I didn't like Stealthy Salamander .. I think a chameleon is more ideal to describe Privacy Mode.. so I went ahead and made another meme.. Introducing... Covert Chameleon Release! :)

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Why cant we hype our releases with hip names? Ethereum calls their releases things like "Homestead" - ive no idea what it means but it sounds important. Ive even seen people on Polo chat about what Homestead will do to the price.

We could have called this release Stealthy Salamander or something but we called it 2.0.160216

Wish granted...

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline BitShares News

• The Source for Hangout Transcripts
    • View Profile
    • BitShares Blockchain News
  • BitShares: bitshares-news
Why cant we hype our releases with hip names? Ethereum calls their releases things like "Homestead" - ive no idea what it means but it sounds important. Ive even seen people on Polo chat about what Homestead will do to the price.

We could have called this release Stealthy Salamander or something but we called it 2.0.160216

This one's called "Hard Fork". ;)
This blog has ceased operation. http://goo.gl/2uU8s7

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline Moon

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.