Author Topic: Gold gateway  (Read 12534 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
This is a big, big job, and I'm not convinced it's worth the trouble. I don't want to fund anyone to do what Gentso was planning. Selling precious metals from one's garage is a thankless headache of a job with low margins and plenty of risk. If we really want a gateway, then we find a partner who is already in the business of physical gold and silver, and knows how to make it work. That way, they have in place the storage, security, insurance, and shipping, so that someone doesn't have to create this business from scratch. Everyone who has tried a crypto e-gold type of thing has not gotten very far with it.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 05:02:32 am by donkeypong »

Offline fuzzy

its name was cryptosmith .. i think .info

gentso from what i understand bargained for a good bit of money from our community to build it...and then snuck away with the extra cash.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

clout

Yes, I believe it was run by Gentso1 who is inactive. The site is also down. We should come up with a strategy to get another gateway operational in order to bootstrap the BitGOLD market.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
its name was cryptosmith .. i think .info

clout

Does anyone no who operated the previous Gold gateway in Bitshares 1.0? I believe there was a gold supply that was willing to convert BitGOLD for actual gold. We will need a GATEWAY.GOLD / BitGOLD in the future and it would be beneficial to get the previous gold gateway back in operation.