Author Topic: imported keys with cli, gui still spinning and say loading..  (Read 3139 times)

Offline svk

I trimmed my Bitshares 1 keys and imported them successfully using cli. All my accounts show up in cli with balances. Now I go to GUI, but no accounts show up there. I am shown a menu to import or create wallet.. What should I do?
The GUI is independent from the cli wallet.

You can import the same keys in the GUI to use your accounts there as well.

I tried importing the same shortened key file using gui, but get this error.
"Key import error: Error: Cannot find module "worker!workers/AesWorker"
https://www.dropbox.com/s/08lfcvjgcgshdvw/key-import-error.png?dl=0

I also tried restoring a Bitshares 2 backup file I created with cli. But this too gets an error. Says file is wrong format..

That error just means you're missing an mpm module, so I guess you're running the GUI locally?

Go to /dl folder in the GUI directory and type: npm install, then relaunch the GUI from the /web folder.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
I trimmed my Bitshares 1 keys and imported them successfully using cli. All my accounts show up in cli with balances. Now I go to GUI, but no accounts show up there. I am shown a menu to import or create wallet.. What should I do?

I tried importing the same shortened key file using gui, but get this error.
"Key import error: Error: Cannot find module "worker!workers/AesWorker"
https://www.dropbox.com/s/08lfcvjgcgshdvw/key-import-error.png?dl=0

I also tried restoring a Bitshares 2 backup file I created with cli. But this too gets an error. Says file is wrong format..
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 04:20:18 am by bitcoinerS »
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline svk

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline jamesc

Where is the new wallet file in Bitshares 2?  I compiled a local wallet on a linux machine.

It is in the browser's local storage... I have been fussing with large test wallets trying to get the browser to work well for weeks now.  I am fresh with knowledge but I'm believing this it is not something that can be fixed over-night and would require improvements in the browser.

Your best bet is to run the filter on the wallet file to get rid of a bunch of those unused keys (in the future we should not save unused generated keys!).  So, there will be constant issues with insanely large wallets some of which I believe are in Chrome and FF and out of my control.  I have seen decent performance with up to 10K keys which is very large for normal usage.

We are considering options to streamline the process and your feedback helps. 

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
Hi,
I imported my keys using cli commands and balances for my accounts show up in cli, but when I open gui and reload the page, it is still showing a spinning icon and says loading balance claims, no accounts show up in the gui.

You probably have a big json file with lots of keys, you could try this: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19390

It is too late to trim keys out, as I already imported them all. The problem is my gui still does not show accounts or balances, even though cli wallet shows them..

There's a huge process looking up balances after importing keys which also depends on the number of keys. I'd suggest just deleting that wallet, filtering the keys in your json, then reimporting into a fresh wallet. Are you using a hosted wallet, light client or local wallet?

Normal advice about backups apply of course, but that's what I just did myself at least.

Where is the new wallet file in Bitshares 2?  I compiled a local wallet on a linux machine.
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I closed the browser after one hour and when I reopened all accounts showed up after about 3 minutes...  after then no problems...

Offline CalabiYau

Hi,
I imported my keys using cli commands and balances for my accounts show up in cli, but when I open gui and reload the page, it is still showing a spinning icon and says loading balance claims, no accounts show up in the gui.

You probably have a big json file with lots of keys, you could try this: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19390

It is too late to trim keys out, as I already imported them all. The problem is my gui still does not show accounts or balances, even though cli wallet shows them..

my experience importing via windows GUI was:  GUI was busy - spinning icon - but after some (looooong) time all accounts showed up.  Give it some time, heavy work in the background.....

Offline svk

Hi,

There's a huge process looking up balances after importing keys which also depends on the number of keys. I'd suggest just deleting that wallet, filtering the keys in your json, then reimporting into a fresh wallet. Are you using a hosted wallet, light client or local wallet?

Normal advice about backups apply of course, but that's what I just did myself at least.

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
Hi,

>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline svk

Hi,

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
Hi,
>>> approve bitcoiners