Author Topic: How long will it take to import keys to Bitshares 2.0 Online Wallet?  (Read 2641 times)

Offline testz

I imported keys that were exported from 0.9.3c today (it didn't take forever like in the previous days). About 50 keys were imported via Wallet Management Console; Import Keys,

BUT, now there are about 50 accounts imported with nothing in them (no history, no balance)

What should I do now?
1) read through the migration guide: docs.bitshares.eu/migration
2) tx history cannot be recovered since we have a new genesis block
3) funds have to be "claimed" .. click the "LOOKUP BALANCES" buttom in the wallet management console

DONE. Thanks.

One more thing. I had NOTEs in the 0.9.3c wallet. I didn't see any 'MUSE' after I did lookup balances.

After reading the Migration Document I'm still confused. Should the import of MUSE (previously NOTE) be done in the same online wallet as BTS? (https://bitshares.openledger.info/) Or a dedicated Online Wallet for MUSE? I assume the latter. What is the address of this wallet (can't find it in the document)

Can you look into dedicated section of the forum?
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19937.msg256111.html#msg256111

Offline Protoman

• View Profile
I imported keys that were exported from 0.9.3c today (it didn't take forever like in the previous days). About 50 keys were imported via Wallet Management Console; Import Keys,

BUT, now there are about 50 accounts imported with nothing in them (no history, no balance)

What should I do now?
3) funds have to be "claimed" .. click the "LOOKUP BALANCES" buttom in the wallet management console

DONE. Thanks.

One more thing. I had NOTEs in the 0.9.3c wallet. I didn't see any 'MUSE' after I did lookup balances.

After reading the Migration Document I'm still confused. Should the import of MUSE (previously NOTE) be done in the same online wallet as BTS? (https://bitshares.openledger.info/) Or a dedicated Online Wallet for MUSE? I assume the latter. What is the address of this wallet (can't find it in the document)

« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 05:28:06 pm by Protoman »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

What should I do now?

Offline Protoman

• View Profile

What should I do now?

Offline Protoman

• View Profile

chryspano

Nothing bad will happen if you stop the importing process, you will just have to start from start again, in my case I started and stoped many times.

Offline Protoman

• View Profile
Crap.

Can someone else confirm or deny this? I need to turn off this computer in 2 hours and go elsewhere.

chryspano

That's cool, thanks.

Just one more important question. Can I lock the account and log off? Will the importing finish fine the next time I log in?

I have no clue about this but i think that you can lock your wallet but not close the browser tab

[edit]
Nothing bad will happen if you stop the importing process
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 05:25:37 pm by chryspano »

Offline Protoman

• View Profile
That's cool, thanks.

Just one more important question. Can I lock the account and log off? Will the importing finish fine the next time I log in?

chryspano

Depends on how many keys you have, in one account with 31k keys I stoped the process at one and half day.

If you have too many keys and you can follow the instructions here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19390.0.html you can reduce your keys and it will probably take a few minutes only.

Also take a look here if you hevn't already, it will probably be easier https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19557.0.html

Offline Protoman

• View Profile
Approx time? What can be expected? Many hours or sooner?