Other > Muse/SoundDAC

Any latest information?

(1/28) > >>

cob:

--- Quote from: sschechter on September 18, 2014, 07:55:43 pm ---Any new updates?  Perhaps snapshot or development estimates?

--- End quote ---

This week is a legal setup week.

Attorneys, weighing out options, etc. I want to avoid announcing something and then doing a 180 and announcing something else. So give us a few more days and we will have an official announcement to make.

woolcii:

--- Quote from: sschechter on September 18, 2014, 07:55:43 pm ---Any new updates?  Perhaps snapshot or development estimates?

--- End quote ---

None

sschechter:
Any new updates?  Perhaps snapshot or development estimates?

bitsapphire:

--- Quote from: VoR0220 on September 17, 2014, 09:49:20 am ---I don't understand why people think iTunes software is so slick. I find Pandora, Spotify, Bandcamp, Soundcloud and Grooveshark to be much nicer in terms of user interface (though you could make the argument that Spotify is pretty close to iTunes but they've made some big changes to their software). So yes. This thing needs to be slick. But as I've pointed out in my topic, it also needs to be free if it will appeal to the young demographic. I speak as someone in the young demographic. Yes there are those who still buy CDs out of some moral obligation they feel to an outdated business model or those that love having a pile of CDs next to them or those who are hipsters and like collecting vinyls (audiophiles...) but the vast majority of the young demographic today either streams or downloads their music for free while dealing with advertisements in the case of streams.

--- End quote ---

We are taking this into account while doing our UX design. The design will be heavily user testing driven.

VoR0220:

--- Quote from: gamey on September 10, 2014, 08:54:51 pm ---
Money has to come from somewhere.  If people want the thing to be a success then the money needs to be taken out of btsx fund. 

To be a success and appeal to the young demographic then this thing really needs to be slick.  So there needs to be software close to iTunes or we need to luck across the next Justin Bieber.  I dunno.. How do all these things go together ?  Development is not cheap.  It requires expensive labor.  It is also not easy.  There are great differences in the abilities of developers, it can be easy to hire a dud which is only revealed after a few weeks of training etc.

--- End quote ---

I don't understand why people think iTunes software is so slick. I find Pandora, Spotify, Bandcamp, Soundcloud and Grooveshark to be much nicer in terms of user interface (though you could make the argument that Spotify is pretty close to iTunes but they've made some big changes to their software). So yes. This thing needs to be slick. But as I've pointed out in my topic, it also needs to be free if it will appeal to the young demographic. I speak as someone in the young demographic. Yes there are those who still buy CDs out of some moral obligation they feel to an outdated business model or those that love having a pile of CDs next to them or those who are hipsters and like collecting vinyls (audiophiles...) but the vast majority of the young demographic today either streams or downloads their music for free while dealing with advertisements in the case of streams.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version