Author Topic: Beyond Bitcoin (CNX) Hangout w/ Bytemaster @ 10AM EST  (Read 6451 times)

Tuck Fheman

I have this question for BM:

In previous hang-outs BM said he was against worker proposals being used for anything that is not related to code development as we have the referral program for that purpose.
So how are we going to encourage people to make effort like writing documentation or taking care of the road-map being updated on a regular basis?

Such efforts cannot be directly linked to the referral program but they are very important and need to be somehow sponsored by the blockchain.

+5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5%

+5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5%

jakub

I have this question for BM:

In previous hang-outs BM said he was against worker proposals being used for anything that is not related to code development as we have the referral program for that purpose.
So how are we going to encourage people to make effort like writing documentation or taking care of the road-map being updated on a regular basis?

Such efforts cannot be directly linked to the referral program but they are very important and need to be somehow sponsored by the blockchain.

jakub

I'm a bit confused about BM's suggestion expressed in the last mumble session regarding the committee members.
Maybe somebody will be able to clarify that for me.

In the pre-hangout part BM says:
I think at this point I wouldn’t object to some of the Witnesses also being Committee Members. I think that in the long run we’d want to separate out those roles, but we only have so many people in the Community with technical knowledge and right now the Witnesses are the most capable.

But later on (at 1:16:55) he says:
I think it would make sense to have the committee members and the proxy voters be one and the same.

So what is the actual intention: to have the witnesses or proxy voters temporarily acting as committee members?

Offline topcandle

When will Follow my Vote go into effect?  What are your expectations for it?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 11:47:47 pm by topcandle »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline topcandle

What is next for bitshares?   Is there a timeframe for the next announcement? 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 07:40:45 pm by topcandle »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline topcandle

What happened to Vikram?  How long is his leave of absence? 

Now two two devs (Toast and Vikram) have left Bitshares...  how are you going to retain the rest?

Offline fuzzy

This Hangout is w/ Bytemaster of Cryptonomex

Last Chance to Ask Questions Here:

Follow Twitter: @Beyond_Bitcoin

Retweet This Week's Hangout [ANN]!

Or better yet--Join us!  For updates on upcoming events, attend, record and report live from our Mumble Server!

**ATTENTION BROWNIE LOVERS**

Ensure you Complete the account information HERE for easy dispersal.  Brownie distribution to begin again this week (you will be made whole!)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D