Other > Keyhotee

Keyhotee & Spam

(1/1)

coolspeed:

--- Quote from: Gekko on December 20, 2013, 12:49:26 pm ---Whether POW systems can actually solve a particular denial-of-service issue such as the spam problem is subject to debate; the system must make sending spam emails obtrusively unproductive for the spammer, but should also not prevent legitimate users from sending their messages.
(Wikipedia)

(How) did you solve it?

--- End quote ---

POW is expensive, especially to batch. In fact, when bitcoin is introduced, some engineers of the anti-spam field have found that the similar technics can be used in that.

POW bring us a world with damping.

Gekko:
Whether POW systems can actually solve a particular denial-of-service issue such as the spam problem is subject to debate; the system must make sending spam emails obtrusively unproductive for the spammer, but should also not prevent legitimate users from sending their messages.
(Wikipedia)

(How) did you solve it?

bytemaster:
Messages require proof of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gekko:
As I'm not exactly sure how Keyhotee is going to handle things I was wondering if spamming (spam mails) would be possible in that system?
Everybody can create as much IDs as he wants (right?). These IDs don't have a big reputation in the beginning - but can be used to send mail (right?). You can send messages to everybody by just knowing their Keyhotee-IDs - or even easier: by just using a dictionary.
Is there going to be a feature like a spam filter (maybe filtering by sender-ID "reputation level")?
How does Keyhotee handle spam?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version