Author Topic: about UIA issuing shares  (Read 3296 times)

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Could anybody please explain me how can I issue shares for distributing dividends on a regular basis? I issued a UIA at testnet but there is no such an option anywhere at my wallet to pay dividends to token holders.

There is currently no easy way to do this. We're discussing ways to make this possible, though, see https://github.com/bitshares/bsips/blob/master/bsip-0020.md .

Right now the easiest way to do it would probably to use cryptofresh to get a list of token holders, and then write a program to pay out individual dividends using the API.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline attente

• View Profile
Could anybody please explain me how can I issue shares for distributing dividends on a regular basis? I issued a UIA at testnet but there is no such an option anywhere at my wallet to pay dividends to token holders.

Offline qun

• View Profile
Thank you! It gives me some clues, but I need to figure out what the correct bitasset options I should set...

None. Bitassets are market-issued assets, but you want a user-issued asset.

Just write "null" instead of "{}".

Wow. This works! Thanks a lot.

Offline pc

• View Profile
Thank you! It gives me some clues, but I need to figure out what the correct bitasset options I should set...

None. Bitassets are market-issued assets, but you want a user-issued asset.

Just write "null" instead of "{}".
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline qun

• View Profile

You have specified empty bitasset options instead of null. The presence of bitasset options implies that you want to create a market issued asset.

Offline qun

• View Profile
It is complicated to do these things well, if Bitshares wants to compete with new platforms like Waves (bitshares is the best, but is not very user friendly) there should be at least one video showing the creation of an UIA. How can I create a UIA MPA? Where can it be used? in the DEX? It would be interesting to see a clear example developed. It is not always good to let the user have fun.

Totally agree, I just recently started to look at BTS, I can see it has lots of potentials, but to be honest, it lacks a lot of serious documentations, it's hard to figure out the details easily.

Offline severo

• View Profile
It is complicated to do these things well, if Bitshares wants to compete with new platforms like Waves (bitshares is the best, but is not very user friendly) there should be at least one video showing the creation of an UIA. How can I create a UIA MPA? Where can it be used? in the DEX? It would be interesting to see a clear example developed. It is not always good to let the user have fun.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 05:03:24 pm by erizo »

Offline pc

• View Profile
I created an asset in my local testnet by using cli_wallet, something like this:

Code: [Select]
create_asset nathan HELLO 3 {"max_supply": "1000000000000000","market_fee_percent": 0.1,"max_market_fee": "1000000000000000","issuer_permissions": 79,"flags": 0,"core_exchange_rate    ": { "base": { "amount": 1, "asset_id": "1.3.0" }, "quote": { "amount": 1, "asset_id": "1.3.1" } }, "whitelist_authorities": [], "blacklist_authorities": [], "whitelist_markets"    : [], "blacklist_markets": [], "description": "", "extensions": [] } {} true

What's wrong here? Totally no idea...

You have specified empty bitasset options instead of null. The presence of bitasset options implies that you want to create a market issued asset.

Offline qun

• View Profile
I created an asset in my local testnet by using cli_wallet, something like this:

create_asset nathan HELLO 3 {"max_supply": "1000000000000000","market_fee_percent": 0.1,"max_market_fee": "1000000000000000","issuer_permissions": 79,"flags": 0,"core_exchange_rate    ": { "base": { "amount": 1, "asset_id": "1.3.0" }, "quote": { "amount": 1, "asset_id": "1.3.1" } }, "whitelist_authorities": [], "blacklist_authorities": [], "whitelist_markets"    : [], "blacklist_markets": [], "description": "", "extensions": [] } {} true

issue_asset nathan 10000.0 HELLO memo true

But when I'm trying to issue shares, it says it's a maket issued asset?

Assert Exception: !a.is_market_issued(): Cannot manually issue a market-issued asset.

What's wrong here? Totally no idea...

Thanks,