Author Topic: The Ingenesist Project - seeking task force.  (Read 3695 times)

Offline fuzzy

I'm intrigued.

I've watched on of your presentations (thanks @bitscape):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_-JkUI5ATE
and I have this question:
You said that in Curiosumé it's the users who are the ultimate owners of their data and they will care about it because they have full control of it, they manage it and can sell it to pocket the income from it.
But once I sell my Curiosumé to a third-party - what prevents this third-party from selling it further to other entities?
Don't I lose control of it the first time I sell it?

Thanks for the comment - you would not care if you lose it because it is anonymous until point of transaction.  Nikon does not need to know your name to send you promotional discount and to sell you a camera.  They only need to know that you are who the curiosumé persona says you are - a photographer.  You would not lie because you would only spam yourself with coupons that you don't intend to use.  They could aggregate metadata but you are long detached.  You can sell your personas over and over again under the same circumstances for things that you actually want.  You can sell you photographer persona or your athlete persona separately or in combinations, etc.

That makes sense. But I think I could not have guessed it from you presentation.

Maybe you need to emphasize this distinction very clearly whenever you talk about the user being able to sell or expose their data commercially.
I think it is very important to be aware that your Curiosumé profile can be detached from your real-life identity (i.e. it can be fully anonymous).
For me this makes a huge difference.

Deep concepts like this need refinement, imho from having long conversations that start nebulous but get more and more focused.  If you see with Bm's hangouts for bitshares, it started out less technical and then continued moving more and more into the technical details as the basic outlines had been drawn out.  Merging Curiosumé with blockchain tech makes it so much more can be done and I think the conversations that come from his hangouts and the ideas that are born afterwards will make it begin to organically flesh itself out. 

Curiosumé is big and a bit difficult to explain other than through teaching people about the basic mechanisms using real world analogies (i love Dan's Craig's List analogy for example).  100% agree it is hugely important to let people know the anonymity factor too :)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 08:51:59 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

jakub

I'm intrigued.

You said that in Curiosumé it's the users who are the ultimate owners of their data and they will care about it because they have full control of it, they manage it and can sell it to pocket the income from it.
But once I sell my Curiosumé to a third-party - what prevents this third-party from selling it further to other entities?

Thanks for the comment - you would not care if you lose it because it is anonymous until point of transaction.  Nikon does not need to know your name to send you promotional discount and to sell you a camera.  They only need to know that you are who the curiosumé persona says you are - a photographer.  You would not lie because you would only spam yourself with coupons that you don't intend to use.  They could aggregate metadata but you are long detached.  You can sell your personas over and over again under the same circumstances for things that you actually want.  You can sell you photographer persona or your athlete persona separately or in combinations, etc.

That makes sense. But I think I could not have guessed it from you presentation.

Maybe you need to emphasize this distinction very clearly whenever you talk about the user being able to sell or expose their data commercially.
I think it is very important to be aware that your Curiosumé profile can be detached from your real-life identity (i.e. it can be fully anonymous).
For me this makes a huge difference.

Offline fuzzy

Most of the english speaking forum is US based, so I suggest you change your time slot if possible :)

Thanks for the suggestion - indeed 6 am is especially early for myself.  I do have daddy duties and a day job to attend to so that's the best I can do except go late.  However, Seattle is the last place to close down before the IDL so best to call it early I figure.

I actually am not altogether certain that his time is a bad one.  The cool thing about decentralized projects like these is that if you keep to it and keep prrsistently having them, you will see your group grow faster than you thought possible.   

My suggestion is to find a time that is generally good for you and hold that hangout every week, passing out tokens to those who participate in various ways. 

Over time you WILL gain a following.  Bms hangiuts started with only 3-5 people for a good 3 months (12 hangouts) before we started growing even slightly in attendance. 

It is important to realize this is a marathon.  :)

Offline ingenesist

• View Profile
Most of the english speaking forum is US based, so I suggest you change your time slot if possible :)

Thanks for the suggestion - indeed 6 am is especially early for myself.  I do have daddy duties and a day job to attend to so that's the best I can do except go late.  However, Seattle is the last place to close down before the IDL so best to call it early I figure. 

Offline fuzzy

+5%
#btstip "fuzzy" 100 BTS

#btstip "ingenesist" 100 BTS

Why thank you good sir.  :)

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • BitShares: btstip-io
Hey ebit, your tips have been queued to get sent to...
  • fuzzy: 100 BTS
  • ingenesist: 100 BTS
Curious about BtsTip? Visit us at http://btstip.io and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
 +5%
#btstip "fuzzy" 100 BTS

#btstip "ingenesist" 100 BTS
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 06:30:21 am by ebit »
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline fuzzy

Hello everyone;

Our first hangout was a success - a few very smart people showed up and participated greatly in helping guile the project. 

Of course our primary goal is to build Curiosumé [ https://youtu.be/m_-JkUI5ATE ].  This is an application that turns your resumé into cryptography forming smart keys that can open and close smart contracts.  In addition, the advent of Content Centric Networking will make Curiosumé this an extremely valuable decentralization machine. We need builders, spec writers, architect, etc.

But there is much more to it and everyone who participates finds something about the project for which they are uniquely qualified to move forward.  TIP has a great Panel discussion at Future of Money and Technology Summit on Dec 2.  We are also leading the FinTech task force for the National Society of Professional Engineers so we are trying to bring a HUGE intrinsic market into the Bitshares ecosystem.  If this interests you, please join us and help us build something incredible.  All talents needed.

I just wanted to stop by and chime in to let everyone knownthat dan is interested in potentially creating his own prototoken (UIA) to issue to those who join in the conversations he is holding regarding curiosome. 

We just need to get the wallet set up for him and create the token.  Then only one more thing...building the mass tipping tool.

So once this is done, we are rocking it!

Oh and @ingenesist we need to talk about you becomming a potential committee member.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 06:17:36 am by fuzzy »

Offline ingenesist

• View Profile
Hello everyone;

Our first hangout was a success - a few very smart people showed up and participated greatly in helping guile the project. 

Of course our primary goal is to build Curiosumé [ https://youtu.be/m_-JkUI5ATE ].  This is an application that turns your resumé into cryptography forming smart keys that can open and close smart contracts.  In addition, the advent of Content Centric Networking will make Curiosumé this an extremely valuable decentralization machine. We need builders, spec writers, architect, etc.

But there is much more to it and everyone who participates finds something about the project for which they are uniquely qualified to move forward.  TIP has a great Panel discussion at Future of Money and Technology Summit on Dec 2.  We are also leading the FinTech task force for the National Society of Professional Engineers so we are trying to bring a HUGE intrinsic market into the Bitshares ecosystem.  If this interests you, please join us and help us build something incredible.  All talents needed.   

Offline ingenesist

• View Profile
I'm intrigued.

Offline fuzzy

I too will do my best to attend, though I will likely be listening more thsn anything at that time of day.  Dont worry too much about the time you choose though...people will join as they can and eventually you will have a solid group of individuals who are always there.

And also remember, if you are willing to distribute your tokens to attendees, we are willing to help you distribute brownies as well.  :)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 05:51:36 pm by fuzzy »

jakub

I'm intrigued.

Offline kuro112

freebie would like to participate for sure, we will get in touch :)
CTO @ Freebie, LLC

Offline monsterer

My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
Welcome Daniel!  I did Google you.  Many intriguing things!
I will endeavor to join the mumble session at that time.

Nice talk here: :)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 07:32:31 am by bitscape »