Author Topic: Kickstarting the bitEUR  (Read 3652 times)

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
off topic but I must say here that we must all together short about 8000 bitUSD to have  a pegg of 1 bitUSD=$1.01 USD...
I can't hear the nubits arguments anymore about our not accurate pegg.. It's a good timing to do it now... All eyeballs are on BTS right now! Let's show them that even bts1 works just fine!
Is anybody afraid that price will not continue to climp? We will make good marketing for our project and we will win some bucks more until we reach $100M   :)
Good points liondani.  I added a couple hundred thousand bts to my USD short position. Still sitting at 120% though.  Sadly I could only move the price down to 190.  After the upgrade shorts will no longer expire.  This is a great time to go short in my opinion.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
Yes, some nice "profits" (hopefully) to be made by shorting BitUSD (and some BitBTC) well over the price feed ! This rise is amazing :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
off topic but I must say here that we must all together short about 8000 bitUSD to have  a pegg of 1 bitUSD=$1.01 USD...
I can't hear the nubits arguments anymore about our not accurate pegg.. It's a good timing to do it now... All eyeballs are on BTS right now! Let's show them that even bts1 works just fine!
Is anybody afraid that price will not continue to climp? We will make good marketing for our project and we will win some bucks more until we reach $100M   :)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 03:23:43 pm by liondani »

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
I have pegged the bitEuro to 1.01 euro  ;)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
PS @bytemaster the bts on collateral will get bts2.0 shares?
yes .. of course .. you will see a distinct account which holds your collateral in a CFD then ..

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
I will short tomorrow bitEUR if you can wait ....

Thank you @liondani MUCH appreciated

I have shorted couple of 101 euros portions and they filled immediately @182.7104BTS/BITEUR), have you bought some?

I have some pending @ feed price (at least now about 300bitEUR,do you want more?)

PS @bytemaster the bts on collateral will get bts2.0 shares?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 03:38:24 pm by liondani »

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
will the rising BTS value not push down the price of bitEur on the exchange? I think it should be a save bet right now to short some assets and buy back a few days later.

The BitEUR volume has to rise.

It would be interesting to know how CCEDK does the direct Eur to bitEUR transfer. Is the Exchange selling their own BitEUR stock for EUR?
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

Thank you @liondani MUCH appreciated
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Please do guys thank you :)
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

38PTSWarrior

So, 'no' risk. I will likely short some in a few days.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
The problem is that current rules for shorting are just too complicated and/or not properly lined out somewhere  + barely working wallet + 30 day expiration thingy. I have high hopes for 2.0 in this regard.

Personally I would like to short some bitEUR but due to said reasons I just find it too risky currently.

I don't know for the windows wallet, but the Mac wallet works perfectly, and I have been successfully shorting without problems for a year now. The 30 day expiration is not a problem at all since nobody shorts at price feed anyway. Some behaviors are weird (when you short over price feed you don't actually short the amount of BitAssets that was indicated, but the amount that the indicated collateral can afford)

At the protocol level, the shorting mechanism works very well. The only risk is a new crash in BTS price.
Confirmed ..

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
The problem is that current rules for shorting are just too complicated and/or not properly lined out somewhere  + barely working wallet + 30 day expiration thingy. I have high hopes for 2.0 in this regard.

Personally I would like to short some bitEUR but due to said reasons I just find it too risky currently.

I don't know for the windows wallet, but the Mac wallet works perfectly, and I have been successfully shorting without problems for a year now. The 30 day expiration is not a problem at all since nobody shorts at price feed anyway. Some behaviors are weird (when you short over price feed you don't actually short the amount of BitAssets that was indicated, but the amount that the indicated collateral can afford)

At the protocol level, the shorting mechanism works very well. The only risk is a new crash in BTS price.

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I would happily short some (at 20% over price feed :D) ,  but most of my BTS are already stuck on the blockchain as collateral. No, it's really sad that almost nobody wants to short, even 10-15% over price feed.

Tell me about about. In a way, it's almost indicative of dollar confidence.
www.PalmPay.chat