Author Topic: How would you allocate 1 million USD?  (Read 4677 times)

38PTSWarrior

For a big ad with someone famous. Focus on account for everyone and reach out to the people with the Chateaux Joint.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Why $1m if you don't mind me asking? Do you think that is how much would need to be spent on which ever of the options?

Some good feedback here.  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
I agree, we should have a section that actually shows what we have and offer. A video on the index page and a few screenshots. Then maybe later videos with use cases similar to the ones made by Factom that really get users to understand what they could do with the tech with examples. It's easier for them to have the "aha moment"

I posted a response from a brand new user earlier on this forum. He advocated two websites - one for revs and techies and another for the average joe with videoed and even a wizard. When you look at etheteum and dash scroll it's easy to understand if you haven't seen it before.
As for our dex I think we should put some explanatory text next to certain field to make it easier to know what the field is (TD Ameritrade do that and it saves me ever having to use the help menu). If new users are posting they're confused, there's some clarity that needs to be done imo.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I agree, we should have a section that actually shows what we have and offer. A video on the index page and a few screenshots. Then maybe later videos with use cases similar to the ones made by Factom that really get users to understand what they could do with the tech with examples. It's easier for them to have the "aha moment"
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

jakub

I once proposed doing just the most simple thing - pasting the screen-shots of the UI.

A very simple idea: why not make several screen-shots of the GUI and display them boldly on https://bitshares.org?
I know the GUI is still an unfinished product but even at this stage it is quite remarkable and to put it simply - quite beautiful. We should be proud of it.
The GUI is a strong selling point so why not take advantage of it?

If I were new to BTS and was shown these screenshots, I'd be very intrigued and I'd want to try it out.

jakub

I'm beginning to think our website and application isnt user-friendly or intuitive enough. I dont think there is anything wrong with the technology, i just think we struggle with the presentation. For example, look at ethereums home page and even DASH - both have videos for the users showing you HOW to use it. Wheres ours? We have a lot of text. If we're pushing MAS then everything needs to be easy to use.

+5% Very true.
It's not obvious to us because we know BitShares inside out.

For an outsider, the main source of initial interest is the official website and we fail miserably at explaining what it is all about.
We just list the features of the underlying technology but leave it to the user to draw the right conclusions and guess what the practical consequences are.
And most people are not able to do that. 

It's a solid, informative website but certainly not meant for an average Joe who wants to decide in 2-3 minutes if this stuff is for him or not.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 05:36:22 pm by jakub »

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
A new user posted a message on the forum the other day that i thought was revealing. He basically said its the concept is confusing, the website isnt doing a good job of explaining things.

I'm beginning to think our website and application isnt user-friendly or intuitive enough. I dont think there is anything wrong with the technology, i just think we struggle with the presentation. For example, look at ethereums home page and even DASH - both have videos for the users showing you HOW to use it. Wheres ours? We have a lot of text. If we're pushing MAS then everything needs to be easy to use.

Just my 2 cents.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
If we had liquidity we could pretty much have all the rest
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

jakub

How would you allocate 1 million USD?

Dividing all possible investment options into just five six categories is very rough, but I've done this on purpose.
We've had quite a lot of similar polls in the past, but this one is meant to be very general: an overall perspective.

EDIT: I've added a sixth option: MARKETING
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 02:51:56 pm by jakub »