Author Topic: BitShares-PTS 1.0 Release (2.18.2014)  (Read 63671 times)

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
Re: BitShares-PTS 1.0 Release (2.18.2014)
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2014, 07:39:51 pm »
HELP!

I replaced the bitshares-pts app on my mac, and I lost EVERYTHING.

please help. my address changed I lost 15.8 PTS. Help me with this. the address was PrD8Prp82YU3KDysoxfZ1pvbnbmERR6y1w
and it changed to
Pw9RDLAjSHEDvYCuZUg92KaWS5fLUMvcde

what can I do????? I'm panicking right now

EDIT: Okay, so for whatever reason, the protoshare wallet app reappeared after I had replaced it with my bitshare wallet app. Even though I could no longer find the app data folder for protoshare in the hidden folder for my library, from the protoshare app, I was able to make a backup of my wallet and load it into the Bitshare wallet.

Don't scare me like that next time.  :D If you want serious investors in the long-term future, you will have to keep the technology idiot friendly.

I have 500PTS and 300AGS and I'm just petrified to do anything right now.  I'm not technically savvy and I'm not changing wallets until someone comes up with step by step instructions for dummies.   Will I be ok for the 28th if I just keep using the old PTS wallet?

Offline zavtra

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2014, 07:25:08 pm »

All subsequent DACs that use I3 code will honor at least 10% share supply to PTS holders. I3 claims to have more awesome DACs in the pipeline but it looks like BTS X is the main cash cow at the moment.

from everything I've been reading the past month... it seems this would come down to your strategy... do you sell the bitshares pts to get money today, or do you hold on to them for potential future bitshares they create, for which you would get a small share of for each pts you own... the quote from their website is below...

""BitShares PTS comes with a social contract to allocate at least 10% of the total shares in all future BitShare chains to those who hold PTS when the new chain is launched.""

so do you want money now, or later... will it be worth more now, or later... its the big question?

Ah, okay, thanks. For some reason, the way I read it, everyone who owned PTS got Bitshare, and then for every Bitshare owned from that point onward, you received proportional stakes in all future bitassets. I had assumed PTS would become irrelevant by the point that Bitshares are issued but it seems that this may not be the case.

Offline Darkbane

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2014, 06:46:00 pm »
Just a quick question, is there any purpose of holding PTS beyond Feb 28th?

I've read people on here saying that there will be a mad rush to sell after feb 28th. I don't know if I should believe that. Surely there must be some other benefits?

from everything I've been reading the past month... it seems this would come down to your strategy... do you sell the bitshares pts to get money today, or do you hold on to them for potential future bitshares they create, for which you would get a small share of for each pts you own... the quote from their website is below...

""BitShares PTS comes with a social contract to allocate at least 10% of the total shares in all future BitShare chains to those who hold PTS when the new chain is launched.""

so do you want money now, or later... will it be worth more now, or later... its the big question?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2014, 06:39:46 pm »

I've read people on here saying that there will be a mad rush to sell after feb 28th. I don't know if I should believe that. Surely there must be some other benefits?

All subsequent DACs that use I3 code will honor at least 10% share supply to PTS holders. I3 claims to have more awesome DACs in the pipeline but it looks like BTS X is the main cash cow at the moment.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2014, 06:33:54 pm »
Do current users of the older Protoshares QT wallet need to update to this newer wallet before the end of the month to gain access to Bitshares? I tried to update but the new client is unstable for me.

No, you can keep using ProtoShares QT, BitShares-PTS it's an only new version of ProtoShares client.
Which problems do you have with BitShares-PTS? Crashes, not sync?
I get this issue, it then closes the wallet. Any suggestions?

Offline zavtra

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2014, 06:20:30 pm »

Offline unsoindovo

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2014, 06:09:37 pm »

Don't leave anything out on an exchange or they will get your BitShares!
[/size]

(We can't repeat this enough.)[/center]

ok!

But the only date that is critically important is February 28th.
(long before close of business GMT)
Have every PTS in one of your own wallets by then.

so, if i decide to update wallet to new version i must do it before 28 February?
i can't do it after?
for example, if i decide to update pts wallet to bitShare-PTS wallet on 5 march, what matter i will have?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2014, 04:56:46 pm »
Why not rwad through this thred and find out aboit the rename of important directories that store the wallet file

Offline zavtra

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2014, 04:24:09 pm »
HELP!

I replaced the bitshares-pts app on my mac, and I lost EVERYTHING.

please help. my address changed I lost 15.8 PTS. Help me with this. the address was PrD8Prp82YU3KDysoxfZ1pvbnbmERR6y1w
and it changed to
Pw9RDLAjSHEDvYCuZUg92KaWS5fLUMvcde

what can I do????? I'm panicking right now

EDIT: Okay, so for whatever reason, the protoshare wallet app reappeared after I had replaced it with my bitshare wallet app. Even though I could no longer find the app data folder for protoshare in the hidden folder for my library, from the protoshare app, I was able to make a backup of my wallet and load it into the Bitshare wallet.

Don't scare me like that next time.  :D If you want serious investors in the long-term future, you will have to keep the technology idiot friendly.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 05:41:54 pm by zavtra »

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline unsoindovo

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2014, 01:43:13 pm »

[/size]

(We can't repeat this enough.)[/center]

ok!

so, if i decide to update wallet to new version i must do it before 28 February?
i can't do it after?
for example, if i decide to update pts wallet to bitShare-PTS wallet on 5 march, what matter i will have?

Offline danielravennest

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2014, 01:42:59 pm »

(We can't repeat this enough.)

So those of us with fractional PTS in a mining pool, the pool will get the BitShares? And we will have to trust them to send us the new shares somehow?

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2014, 01:31:16 pm »
March 1 will not have dl.  The ides of march is our target.  It has historic significance. 

You don't need the pts wallet.  We will provide the bts wallet at that time. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow nice ;)

(We can't repeat this enough.)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2014, 01:12:07 pm »
Do current users of the older Protoshares QT wallet need to update to this newer wallet before the end of the month to gain access to Bitshares? I tried to update but the new client is unstable for me.

No, you can keep using ProtoShares QT, BitShares-PTS it's an only new version of ProtoShares client.
I tried on 2 PCs, Win 8. I would like to get it to work; on one PC it crashed on opening, on restart it refuses to sync. I will get the exact messages it throws up a bit later, just away from that PC till a bit later on.

Offline testz

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2014, 12:54:59 pm »