Other > BitShares AGS

silly question about donation wallets

<< < (2/2)

tigers05:
Im in the same boat. where do i get the new bitshares wallet? I donated from my mycelium wallet.
It would be nice if there were simple instructions in a obvious location on what has to b e done in order to claim after you donate
 This whole experience is way too confusing and complicated, so many non specific help instruction like "you need to import your private key into the new wallet" yeah well how about clear instruction on where to obtain the new wallet or when the new wallet is available and then how to import your private key into it.
If your average joe visits this forum and has just got his head around bitcoin and has even managed to donate a few, he would seriously think everyone on this forum is from another planet and speaks their own made up mumbo jumbo language. This place needs step by step simple instruction on how to do things no digging through pages and pages of dribble to find it. 

xeroc:
The consensus on how to secure this is actually to use an extra key for each "IPO" and move funds (in btc/pts)  before importing it into bitshares.

We once had this discussion when memorycoin decided to 'airdrop' on PTS.

dawsy123:
Thanks heaps. Looks like ill have to trust the maidsafe guys to...

xeroc:

--- Quote from: dawsy123 on April 23, 2014, 09:07:51 am ---Hello

Im hoping someone can provide me some guidance.

--- End quote ---
sure ..

--- Quote ---I donated to AGS from a mycelium wallet on my android. I do have have access to the private key.

Will i be able to receive my Bitshares?
--- End quote ---
Access to the privkey is all you need

--- Quote ---Will the wallet be compromised afterwards? - Im thinking of using the same wallet for the safecoin IPO
--- End quote ---
You will need to import the privkey into the new bitshares wallet .. Unless you mistrust the developers, your privkey is not compromised. You can reuse it!

--- Quote ---Is there anything else i should be concerned about?
--- End quote ---
Nothing I can think of ..

dawsy123:
Hello

Im hoping someone can provide me some guidance.

I donated to AGS from a mycelium wallet on my android. I do have have access to the private key.

Will i be able to receive my Bitshares?
Will the wallet be compromised afterwards? - Im thinking of using the same wallet for the safecoin IPO

Is there anything else i should be concerned about?

Cheers
Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version