Author Topic: Now is a good time to tell people about BTS.  (Read 7428 times)

Offline lzr1900

• View Profile

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Everyone wants to get the highest prices possible, me too of course, but at the same time I'm so curious about what that money will be used to develop, imagine the possibilities! Having 20 or 30 companies building stuff on top of BTS.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
I'm sympathetic to your long term predictions, i just think we need to get one solid BTS app to carve out a lasting niche in the crypto space. this community has come up with a wide variety of ideas and made some early movements towards some of them, but so far nothing has really stuck. we have so much potential, but the lack of maturing a single use case has kept BTS in the dog house.

my take is that our best products are the simplest: bitUSD and bitCNY. pushing the development of these markets and then eventually apps to make use of the products in PoS type scenarios would be the best first steps. from there, developing more use cases for our products, like p2p lending, crowdfunding, or other financial products, like derivatives, would just boost our relevance. Until we get some foothold, some niche, some useful app, BTS price movements are just some combo of fear, greed, and wishful thinking (rational expectations?).

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
From the look at the price it's at the cheapest price it's ever been, even cheaper than it was at the Protoshares stage. Anyone buying now would be buying in at the early adopter prices.

And eventually the price is going to go way up again, just as it did with Bitcoin, Litecoin and any of the others. As long as the developers continue to add utility, improve UX, improve the UI, these low prices will not be sustainable.

At the same time Ethers are cheap also, but at $1 people might not get as much ROI as they could get in BTS. This makes BTS as underpriced as it is, a very good buy at this time. At the same time if anyone can earn it, it would be very wise to hold onto it.

I did some math, and Ethereum could someday be $50 or $100 each if the market cap gets high enough and it probably will. Bitshares on the other hand could someday reach 50cents to $1 each, with a reasonably high market cap. This would mean you could acquire potentially $200,000 worth of Bitshares for the price of 1 Bitcoin?

You would think every Bitcoin holder who has more than a few Bitcoins would put at least 1 BTC into Bitshares, but it is likely the Bitcoin distribution is extremely centralized, and this would explain why we don't see that. On the other hand with a fiat onramp you might not need BTC to acquire BTS and if people are willing to earn BTS you also don't need BTC to acquire BTS.

The rise of Ethereum, SAFE Network, NXT and others will also have interesting implications for BTS. Altcoin holders might be more likely to diversify, and individuals who feel that Bitcoin is too expensive might be more likely to diversify as they have in the past.

A prediction I'll make is that December-Janurary will be the best months to acquire large stakes in BTS. Save your money for those months.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads