Author Topic: It's time to lower worker's salary because BTS is up.  (Read 5228 times)

Offline BitShares News

• The Source for Hangout Transcripts
    • View Profile
    • BitShares Blockchain News
  • BitShares: bitshares-news
People more worried about someone getting and extra nickel than about improving Bitshares as a whole.

I'd be happy to receive 1 cent just to know someone was reading the hangout transcripts and found them useful. :D
This blog has ceased operation. http://goo.gl/2uU8s7

Offline Pheonike

It's time to lower worker's salary because BTS is up.

Still feel that way? People are so quick to change. Should we up their salary now since bts is low?  People more worried about someone getting and extra nickel than about improving Bitshares as a whole.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
i'm guessing it's just some whales wanting to get out to mitigate risk. but it doesn't really matter, for the time being BTS marketcap is more dependent on external things (ETH and BTC going up) than anything we are doing or not doing. might be time for a BTC really soon. we'll have our time in the sun either way, we're constantly improving and people are starting to take notice :)

chryspano

worker dilution is 99% irrelevant, how about everybody just stop selling for a goddamn second? BTS can easily jump up to 60 million if we'd just have some patience and a little faith. volume would increase as we move higher and whoever wants out would have an easy way out instead of these retarded 50k sellorders everywhere. we're already in an uptrend, just let it go where it wants to go already

how could other people stop selling when they see some account that they are so familiar with sells a lot ....... other people do need to put food on the table as well   :P

My guess is that the sells have more to do with the "Stop the Workers/Inflation" stupidity than anything else.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 09:30:22 am by chryspano »

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
worker dilution is 99% irrelevant, how about everybody just stop selling for a goddamn second? BTS can easily jump up to 60 million if we'd just have some patience and a little faith. volume would increase as we move higher and whoever wants out would have an easy way out instead of these retarded 50k sellorders everywhere. we're already in an uptrend, just let it go where it wants to go already

how could other people stop selling when they see some account that they are so familiar with sells a lot ....... other people do need to put food on the table as well   :P

And who would that be? As far as I can tell none of the workers have sold any BTS, in fact most of their/our pay is still unclaimed.. Keep in mind this discussion is about workers, not about accounts BM says he does not actually control after all..

I'm just responding to "stop selling" part . Not necessary related to this thread .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline svk

And who would that be? As far as I can tell none of the workers have sold any BTS, in fact most of their/our pay is still unclaimed.. Keep in mind this discussion is about workers, not about accounts BM says he does not actually control after all..
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline testz

Offline Moon

• View Profile
keep your job  worker's,This is our competitive Advantage

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 01:22:01 am by CLains »

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
prices of the cryptocoins by nature are very volatile. This is the reason why we should use stable bitAssets as payment for workers: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21449.msg278949.html#msg278949

Every worker should get exactly this amount of money which he need to provide a good service. For USA citizen this will be X bitUSD, for Chinese citizen this will be Y bitCNY.

The reserve fund needs to hold an assortment of bitassets.  It reduces the reserve fund risk and allows developers to be paid in their preferred currency.  It also promotes the entire BTS ecosystem, instead of just the bts token.

The reserve fund should act like sovereign wealth fund.  Constantly rebalancing it's holdings.  For starters, the reserve fund should hold 70% bts and split the other 30% between bitUSD, bitCNY, bitEUR bitBTC and bitGLD.  This would promote 5 bts currencies and improve liquidity while attracting dev's who may not want to get paid in a constantly fluctuating asset.  Fluctuating assets are nightmares to report for taxes.
You mean dump 30% of reserve fund to the market? It's about 300M. I don't even believe there are so many bit assets exist.

I never said dump... If a sovereign wealth fund wants to change allocations, they don't go and buy or sell the entire position over the next trading period.  It's is done over a period of months in order to make the transition smooth and not generate weird price distortions.

Right now the reserve fund is in an extremely risky scenario. Remember, apple doesn't hold its reserves in apple stocks. Governments don't hold all their reserves in their national bonds.  It's prudent to diversify, not to mention promotion of the bts ecosystem.
If you don't create bit assets and sell into market, but buy bit assets from market, you're consuming but not providing liquidity.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
prices of the cryptocoins by nature are very volatile. This is the reason why we should use stable bitAssets as payment for workers: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21449.msg278949.html#msg278949

Every worker should get exactly this amount of money which he need to provide a good service. For USA citizen this will be X bitUSD, for Chinese citizen this will be Y bitCNY.

The reserve fund needs to hold an assortment of bitassets.  It reduces the reserve fund risk and allows developers to be paid in their preferred currency.  It also promotes the entire BTS ecosystem, instead of just the bts token.

The reserve fund should act like sovereign wealth fund.  Constantly rebalancing it's holdings.  For starters, the reserve fund should hold 70% bts and split the other 30% between bitUSD, bitCNY, bitEUR bitBTC and bitGLD.  This would promote 5 bts currencies and improve liquidity while attracting dev's who may not want to get paid in a constantly fluctuating asset.  Fluctuating assets are nightmares to report for taxes.
You mean dump 30% of reserve fund to the market? It's about 300M. I don't even believe there are so many bit assets exist.

I never said dump... If a sovereign wealth fund wants to change allocations, they don't go and buy or sell the entire position over the next trading period.  It's is done over a period of months in order to make the transition smooth and not generate weird price distortions.

Right now the reserve fund is in an extremely risky scenario. Remember, apple doesn't hold its reserves in apple stocks. Governments don't hold all their reserves in their national bonds.  It's prudent to diversify, not to mention promotion of the bts ecosystem.
Actually everyone is keeping their  unissued (not yet issued) shares in ...unissued shares. Do not want to push anything more than I am already doing, but this returning the generated fees in the reserve fund, do end up mixing things up a lot. Revenue is mixed up with not yet issued shares. Potatoes are mixed up and compared to oranges in all kinds of explanations and argumentations.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore

BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit