Main > General Discussion

First post: Hello world,Hello ME

(1/8) > >>

bytemaster:

--- Quote from: luckybit on March 20, 2014, 05:57:22 pm ---
--- Quote from: biophil on March 18, 2014, 01:36:36 pm ---
--- Quote from: bytemaster on March 18, 2014, 03:10:53 am ---I am contemplating different issuance models... currently the number of unique types of shares that can be issued per chain is limited to 2^16 or about 65K.

In this sense the ability to issue shares is a limited resource.   I am thinking of limiting it to one new type per block maximum and thus who ever paid the highest transaction fee would get their shares issued first.

--- End quote ---

Might be worth considering a share-name expiration time also. If someone issues the name "urple" and then never does anything with it, let it expire.

--- End quote ---
issuer.issuance.expirationdate

Luckybit.Luckyshares.09132014 for example.

I would want to be able to set my vouchers to expire at predetermined dates in some cases.

Shares are another matter, but a share can also act as a voucher.

You could come up with a ticker but internally you would want to store it differently.
If space runs out on 4 letters, just add another letter. If that doesn't work then add a dot, a date, an issuer, and so on.

That is what Counterparty intends to do.

--- End quote ---

Storing bulky names would just be wasting space in the blockchain, share types are represented by integers.   The issuer of the shares / tickets / etc would be responsible for naming them outside the system.   

luckybit:

--- Quote from: biophil on March 18, 2014, 01:36:36 pm ---
--- Quote from: bytemaster on March 18, 2014, 03:10:53 am ---I am contemplating different issuance models... currently the number of unique types of shares that can be issued per chain is limited to 2^16 or about 65K.

In this sense the ability to issue shares is a limited resource.   I am thinking of limiting it to one new type per block maximum and thus who ever paid the highest transaction fee would get their shares issued first.

--- End quote ---

Might be worth considering a share-name expiration time also. If someone issues the name "urple" and then never does anything with it, let it expire.

--- End quote ---
issuer.issuance.expirationdate

Luckybit.Luckyshares.09132014 for example.

I would want to be able to set my vouchers to expire at predetermined dates in some cases.

Shares are another matter, but a share can also act as a voucher.

You could come up with a ticker but internally you would want to store it differently.
If space runs out on 4 letters, just add another letter. If that doesn't work then add a dot, a date, an issuer, and so on.

That is what Counterparty intends to do.

ssjpts:
 +5% +5% +5%

bitbro:

--- Quote from: MrJeans on March 19, 2014, 03:35:44 pm ---
--- Quote from: bnoble1206 on March 19, 2014, 04:46:10 am ---
--- Quote from: Stan on March 17, 2014, 10:46:52 pm ---
--- Quote from: jwiz168 on March 17, 2014, 10:32:01 pm ---So when will be the snapshot take place for this particular DAC? any timeframe?

--- End quote ---

We have learned it is always bad to give any time estimates since it somehow turns into a promise in some people's minds.

In any event, it is up to the five teams of developers who will be having a friendly competition called "Don't Be Last!"

:)

--- End quote ---

Good call. When Apple announces a product it goes like this:
"Today we are announcing our really awesome new toy! And you can buy from us right now!"
Best not to announce a date until it's truly ready. If I'm not mistaken just about everything in the pipeline is expected to be ready in the Spring... ish.  :)

--- End quote ---
...oh and one more thing... ;)

--- End quote ---

Jobs was a legend. Next in line ... Brian Page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrJeans:

--- Quote from: bnoble1206 on March 19, 2014, 04:46:10 am ---
--- Quote from: Stan on March 17, 2014, 10:46:52 pm ---
--- Quote from: jwiz168 on March 17, 2014, 10:32:01 pm ---So when will be the snapshot take place for this particular DAC? any timeframe?

--- End quote ---

We have learned it is always bad to give any time estimates since it somehow turns into a promise in some people's minds.

In any event, it is up to the five teams of developers who will be having a friendly competition called "Don't Be Last!"

:)

--- End quote ---

Good call. When Apple announces a product it goes like this:
"Today we are announcing our really awesome new toy! And you can buy from us right now!"
Best not to announce a date until it's truly ready. If I'm not mistaken just about everything in the pipeline is expected to be ready in the Spring... ish.  :)

--- End quote ---
...oh and one more thing... ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version