Main > Stakeholder Proposals

Gentso delegate Bid, hosted by BITSUPERLAB, 10% Pay to marketing fund

(1/2) > >>

Gentso1:

--- Quote from: emski on August 22, 2014, 01:01:48 pm ---The fact that you can revoke their access at any time does NOT mean they are not in control of the delegate.
For example they could alter the client and it is difficult for you to know that.

I was just pointing that if you state that:
 ""Support the network by supporting delegates who run ONE account"  wallet_approve_delegate bitsuperlab.gentso" you should lead by example.
Letting a company, controlling more than one delegate, operate yours is not consistent with your statment.

Anyway that is not a big concern for now. There are not enough trusted delegates anyway... for now.
The more diverse delegate locations the better.
The more diverse delegate operators the better.
I myself run multiple delegates... for now.

I just hope there could be some kind of delegate control/audit mechanism like the one I proposed here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7005.msg95472#msg95472

--- End quote ---

I agree and understand why you are asking. I think you are bringing a very good point to light, more diversity is better whether its location or operators and thats the only point I am trying to make. 

For the moment I am limited by my know how to run a node myself but I have a interest to learn and would very much like to be apart of the system. I am going to try to get with fuznuts tonight to learn more.

Can I ask you what advantages are their to running multiple delegates and what do you mean by "there are not enough trusted delegates"?  Please explain here or pm or any platform, you seem to have some knowledge and I would genuinely like to learn.

emski:
The fact that you can revoke their access at any time does NOT mean they are not in control of the delegate.
For example they could alter the client and it is difficult for you to know that.

I was just pointing that if you state that:
 ""Support the network by supporting delegates who run ONE account"  wallet_approve_delegate bitsuperlab.gentso" you should lead by example.
Letting a company, controlling more than one delegate, operate yours is not consistent with your statment.

Anyway that is not a big concern for now. There are not enough trusted delegates anyway... for now.
The more diverse delegate locations the better.
The more diverse delegate operators the better.
I myself run multiple delegates... for now.

I just hope there could be some kind of delegate control/audit mechanism like the one I proposed here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7005.msg95472#msg95472

Gentso1:

--- Quote from: emski on August 22, 2014, 06:22:05 am ---
--- Quote from: Gentso1 on August 21, 2014, 11:47:43 pm ---I wanted to give a bump to bring attention to the fact that we have many delegates that are currently in the top 101 with multiple accounts run by the same person or company. I think that any consolidation on a network made up of only 101 entities presents a bad image and will in the future only give our competitors ammo to use against us.  Some will say, Gentso what harm is it that one company has 5 delegate accounts? Or the fact that many single users have 2-4 delegate accounts can we even make the statement 101 delegates? Sure they have different names but in reality we would be lucky to have 80 separate entities. Aside from the fact that it could look bad to outsider's looking at our network there is no good that comes out of it other then consolidating btsx into the hands of the few.

Lack of interest of people to become delegates.....nope I see 9 pages worth
Lack of tech know how.......maybe you can't tell what reliability is until a delegate has the opportunity to produce a block

Benefit of running multiple accounts...........none, that is unless you want to funnel more btsx into the same set of hands

"Support the network by supporting delegates who run ONE account"  wallet_approve_delegate bitsuperlab.gentso

--- End quote ---

Your delegate is controlled by bitsuperlab. This is centralisation unless they control only your delegate.

--- End quote ---

My delegate is run by bitsuperlab yes.
My server is out of amsterdam. I think it's a little different then when I have seen threads where a delegate is running more then one server out of his own house.  Also as I understand it as long as I control the private keys I have the control. bitsuperlab has the tech know how of how to run the delegate properly but as long as they are spaced throughout the world they are not physically in the same place. 
The other issue is consolidating the btsx into the hands of the few simply because because they are running 5 nodes. I am not saying that shares won't be consolidated just from market forces but this will help with distribution.

emski:

--- Quote from: Gentso1 on August 21, 2014, 11:47:43 pm ---I wanted to give a bump to bring attention to the fact that we have many delegates that are currently in the top 101 with multiple accounts run by the same person or company. I think that any consolidation on a network made up of only 101 entities presents a bad image and will in the future only give our competitors ammo to use against us.  Some will say, Gentso what harm is it that one company has 5 delegate accounts? Or the fact that many single users have 2-4 delegate accounts can we even make the statement 101 delegates? Sure they have different names but in reality we would be lucky to have 80 separate entities. Aside from the fact that it could look bad to outsider's looking at our network there is no good that comes out of it other then consolidating btsx into the hands of the few.

Lack of tech know how.......maybe you can't tell what reliability is until a delegate has the opportunity to produce a block

Benefit of running multiple accounts...........none, that is unless you want to funnel more btsx into the same set of hands

"Support the network by supporting delegates who run ONE account"  wallet_approve_delegate bitsuperlab.gentso

--- End quote ---

Your delegate is controlled by bitsuperlab. This is centralisation unless they control only your delegate.

Gentso1:
I wanted to give a bump to bring attention to the fact that we have many delegates that are currently in the top 101 with multiple accounts run by the same person or company. I think that any consolidation on a network made up of only 101 entities presents a bad image and will in the future only give our competitors ammo to use against us.  Some will say, Gentso what harm is it that one company has 5 delegate accounts? Or the fact that many single users have 2-4 delegate accounts can we even make the statement 101 delegates? Sure they have different names but in reality we would be lucky to have 80 separate entities. Aside from the fact that it could look bad to outsider's looking at our network there is no good that comes out of it other then consolidating btsx into the hands of the few.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version