Author Topic: Identifying BitShares Community Cornerstones  (Read 5993 times)

Offline Fox

Arhag - amazing thinker
Clayop - pushing the tech
Xeroc - documentation and support scripts
Roadscape & Bitscape - Meetup organization
Fuzzy - community organization
Witness: fox

Offline fuzzy

Ok.  Well since i think this is EXTREMELY important, im going to go ahead and name a few others:

-Clayop (i see many posts here from him trying to bring productive discussion to the table--he may not always agree, but he always tries to keep discussion productive and non-personal.  Really a beautiful thing...)
-riverhead (great choice thom, i almost forgot that the project he is working on is potentially very valuable to bts even though it mind of straddles two platforms...@riverhead, you have done SO MUCH for me personally, and never told me you wanted payment. And i know im not alone as a benefactor or your hard work)
-solomonsollarsnsense (a true badass film director, cutter, editor...etc.  he has done a great deal of work for our community and did so out of the goodness of his own heart.)

More to come later.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

I appreciate everyone keeping this thread bumped but sincerely hope people will do what the op asks.

I do not say this to be disrespectful...but to ask that others respect why this was posted.  To acknowledge others who are considered foundations of bitshares' value.

If we cannot do something simple like stay on task for the thread, we are going to have bigger problems...

@data who is someone else you think should be acknowledged? I am sure your name will come up (cough cough, in the op :P) so there is no need to plug here. Trust me this is only "phase one" and you are already on the list :P

@thom some of the people you listed are individuals i already have on my thread, but this is still ok because you are giving information I (and the rest of the community) might not have.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 06:12:47 pm by fuzzy »

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I just wanted to state that I do plan to run for committee member, however it will be under a new user account. Totally transparent and what not, just being done that way for legal purposes. It will become apparent why soon enough.

So I just wanted to make that known at this stage.  Once I have registered the new account name and submitted to be a committee member I will make it public. In a more formal manner of course.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Thom

One more (for now :) )

luckybit, b/c he is a rational thinker who contributes much originality of thought to this community, who has shown quality in his assessment of various issues and helps to push the BitShares technology towards innovation by exploring issues at a deeper level.

Arhag is another member of this community that comes from the same mold (not the fuzzy stuff, no offense to @fuzzy or penicillin)
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Thom

Another name I believe is worthy of consideration, primarily on the basis of:

1) Drive, ambition, ability to get things done
2) Dedicated to the growth of BitShares and it's mission

Kencode - perhaps controversial, but I feel a name that shouldn't be overlooked.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Thom

Who in community has:

1 - high level of knowledge about economics (trading, liquidity, knowledge of free market principles etc)
2 - a solid understanding of BitShares' mission and foundational principles
3 - can work well with others (i.e. community oriented, empathetic, open minded)
4 - demonstrated real world accomplishments, drive, ambition, self confidence

These are just a few of the criteria you might consider as you think about your nominations.

Offline Thom

Community Cornerstones -- and possibly Committee Members... :)

The people who come to mind for me off the top of my head:

Cass - Tireless efforts and super dope designs since forever!
Xeroc - Seemingly infinite efforts, amazingly versatile.
Roadscape - I personally know how much time and effort he puts into BTS, from so many different angles, this guy is a champ.
Cryptoprometheus - Always synthesizing the latest information, philosophizing on the potential implications.
Stan - There is no try, only do! ;)

And ALL DEVS!  for obvious reasons.
Speaking of the devs and Stan, sorry, I disagree. Not b/c they are not capable, but rather b/c that is not what they want. They have said repeatedly they DO NOT want a leadership role n governance.  +5% on the others!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 06:17:55 pm by Thom »

Offline Thom

Surprised Riverhead's name hasn't come up yet-

> He has a extremely competent and helpful technically.
> He has invested his own funds to improve market liquidity
> He has coded bots to help market liquidity
> He recently attended the Cyrpto Summit with Stan & Xeroc
> He is sold out to BitShares mission.

Need I say more? I THINK NOT. Riverhead would be an excellent committee member!

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
Community Cornerstones -- and possibly Committee Members... :)

The people who come to mind for me off the top of my head:

Cass - Tireless efforts and super dope designs since forever!
Xeroc - Seemingly infinite efforts, amazingly versatile.
Roadscape - I personally know how much time and effort he puts into BTS, from so many different angles, this guy is a champ.
Cryptoprometheus - Always synthesizing the latest information, philosophizing on the potential implications.
Stan - There is no try, only do! ;)

And ALL DEVS!  for obvious reasons.

Edit:  I MEANT to include Riverhead!  Because he's basically the Obi Wan Kenobi of our community. ;)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 06:19:14 pm by bitscape »

Offline fuzzy

I feel this thread has been turned on its head here ao i want it to stop focusing on me.  It was not my intention at all for it to become about me, but apparently i was not clear enough...

This is about all of us helping others who have helped each of us...dont they deserve our attention?  Im running on low right now so im certain im missing people.
Anyway, time to take a little beauty rest...see you all at the hangout :)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 09:44:24 am by fuzzy »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
fuzz,

I did not like brownie version 1.0  - aka LTB coin

And I really hate, brownie version 2.0  -  aka BM's ass kissing points, as you might know by now.

and anything coming close[lists of great people or otherwise] to version 3.0 is making my skin ...itchy, you know.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 07:30:48 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline fuzzy

fuzz

also known as

fuzzy

works tirelessly to bring 500 new coins to drop on BTS (or whatever you hold).

Also talks A LOT on some show..."the beyond something..."

I love you too Tony.  :)

I definitely don't make anything from what I'm doing though if that is what you are getting at.  I'm actually in the red by quite a bit for doing what I do.  I do miss the days when you actually thought I did something valuable.  I remember once you telling me so :(

P.S.  Did you know that every time I send brownies, I pay the fee? Did you know that I also work a fulltime job and get very little sleep?  Sometimes it is best to not assume bad things about people when you don't know facts.  It hurts people and your connection with others.     

P.P.S.  Is there someone in bitshares you DO value?  Might be a good way to start this?

wow
how did you get to something bad from my post?

I do know you work 2 jobs (at least)...and I do know you come to the Friday show after a night shift. I do know about the kid as well, and I do know what it takes in first 2-3 years, being a parent myself.

Is there someone in bitshares you DO value?

Why do think I do not? - you not valuing me, is not reflective you know.

On that note...where is arhag?

Arhag it is! :)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
fuzz

also known as

fuzzy

works tirelessly to bring 500 new coins to drop on BTS (or whatever you hold).

Also talks A LOT on some show..."the beyond something..."

I love you too Tony.  :)

I definitely don't make anything from what I'm doing though if that is what you are getting at.  I'm actually in the red by quite a bit for doing what I do.  I do miss the days when you actually thought I did something valuable.  I remember once you telling me so :(

P.S.  Did you know that every time I send brownies, I pay the fee? Did you know that I also work a fulltime job and get very little sleep?  Sometimes it is best to not assume bad things about people when you don't know facts.  It hurts people and your connection with others.     

P.P.S.  Is there someone in bitshares you DO value?  Might be a good way to start this?

wow
how did you get to something bad from my post?

I do know you work 2 jobs (at least)...and I do know you come to the Friday show after a night shift. I do know about the kid as well, and I do know what it takes in first 2-3 years, being a parent myself.

Is there someone in bitshares you DO value?

Why do think I do not? - you not valuing me, is not reflective you know.

On that note...where is arhag?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 07:09:30 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
... and cass .. I think you guys have no idea how passionate he is about BTS
+ most loyal
+ works alot behind the scene
+ chief master of art and logo