Main > General Discussion

Hi Dan, it is approaching Feb. 28 . Any detail plan for future 3i's DAC chains

(1/13) > >>

Kyune:

--- Quote from: bytemaster on March 01, 2014, 09:19:24 pm ---
--- Quote from: Kyune on March 01, 2014, 09:18:03 pm ---
--- Quote from: bytemaster on February 28, 2014, 01:00:38 am ---We cannot make any promises of allocation; however, we theorize that market forces will conspire to honor recommendations we make even in the extreme case of our team being killed in a plane crash and someone else is left to finish the software.

--- End quote ---
Could you (or anyone else) explain a little more about the reasoning behind the bolded statement (emphasis added), or point me to a document where you have already explained it?  I'm trying to understand why, in theory, economic forces would enforce this "social contract" even with respect to third-party DACs.  I'm guessing someone has already written about this elsewhere, but I'm having trouble finding it.

--- End quote ---
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2876.0

--- End quote ---
Thank you.

At first glance I don't fully agree with all the assertions made therein, but the link gives me a good starting point for thinking about it.

bytemaster:

--- Quote from: Kyune on March 01, 2014, 09:18:03 pm ---
--- Quote from: bytemaster on February 28, 2014, 01:00:38 am ---We cannot make any promises of allocation; however, we theorize that market forces will conspire to honor recommendations we make even in the extreme case of our team being killed in a plane crash and someone else is left to finish the software.

--- End quote ---
Could you (or anyone else) explain a little more about the reasoning behind the bolded statement (emphasis added), or point me to a document where you have already explained it?  I'm trying to understand why, in theory, economic forces would enforce this "social contract" even with respect to third-party DACs.  I'm guessing someone has already written about this elsewhere, but I'm having trouble finding it.

--- End quote ---

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2876.0

Kyune:

--- End quote ---

sschechter:

--- Quote ---There really is no such thing as an "expert" only people that are pretty knowledgeable and even then it doesn't mean they are always right. Where were all the economic experts who didn't prevent the expansion and implosion of the housing bubble?

--- End quote ---

This statement carries the underlying assumption that this wasn't an intended goal.

Overthetop:

--- Quote from: bytemaster on February 28, 2014, 12:00:26 am ---

I have found that viewing your life as an epic adventure makes it more fun to live.  So I often view myself as Frodo carrying the Ring of power to be thrown into the fire of decentralization.  We are being fought on all sides by those who would enslave man kind and the all seeing eye is watching our every move.   

Living an epic life is just more fun even if you end up dieing  for the cause. 

--- End quote ---

+5%

The story of MT.Gox has told us the Ring of power should be thrown into the fire .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version