Main > General Discussion

Bitshares Refrigeration (cold storage)

(1/2) > >>

bytemaster:

--- Quote from: marauder on March 01, 2014, 01:27:07 pm ---I might be wrong now but in the white paper there was a 5% deduction from coins which haven't been moved for a year, cold storage for a long period isn't ideal if that is still the case.

--- End quote ---

You are correct.  We need all of the coins to participate in securing the network and desire to recover coins held by lost keys.

marauder:
I might be wrong now but in the white paper there was a 5% deduction from coins which haven't been moved for a year, cold storage for a long period isn't ideal if that is still the case.

coolspeed:

--- Quote from: pgbit on March 01, 2014, 10:00:45 am ---Is there an offline barcode generator that could work for all coins?

--- End quote ---

Perhaps what you need is a general barcode generator, which can encode any texts short enough. But you may need to dump your private key in your protoshares-qt client to print your private key on screen.

coolspeed:

--- Quote from: Talos on March 01, 2014, 08:05:58 am ---Can someone point me in the direction of a Cold storage link for Bitshares? Is there a trusted web address like https://www.bitaddress.org?

--- End quote ---

For a paper wallet for cold storage, you can dump you private key in Protoshares-Qt client, then write it on paper manually, being careful not to copy wrong.

pgbit:
Is there an offline barcode generator that could work for all coins?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version