Author Topic: BTC38 and Yunbi  (Read 5620 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I am im contact with yunbi devs .. they are working on it

Offline Pheonike

If you were an exchange that is running fractional and you want to hide that that, you blame it on technical reasons.  Especially if you not seeking help for the issue.

While that's possible, I don't think that's the likely reason. Firstly they are losing revenue and by not upgrading. Secondly, they don't have to reveal their whole balance publicly even when using graphene. Lastly, other exchanges and gateways have claimed that the integration process has been difficult for them as well (metaexchange only recently integrated bts2 and yunbi still hasn't). It seems that technical problems may be a very valid claim.

I'm not counting out the idea that they may not have full reserves. I just think that technical issues have arisen with multiple developers that are trying to get up to speed with graphene.

But have not asked for help. Everyone else who had issues has seek and gotten support from the dev's, but not them.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

If you were an exchange that is running fractional and you want to hide that that, you blame it on technical reasons.  Especially if you not seeking help for the issue.

While that's possible, I don't think that's the likely reason. Firstly they are losing revenue and by not upgrading. Secondly, they don't have to reveal their whole balance publicly even when using graphene. Lastly, other exchanges and gateways have claimed that the integration process has been difficult for them as well (metaexchange only recently integrated bts2 and yunbi still hasn't). It seems that technical problems may be a very valid claim.

I'm not counting out the idea that they may not have full reserves. I just think that technical issues have arisen with multiple developers that are trying to get up to speed with graphene.

Consider the fact that other exchanges have successfully updated.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

chryspano

What is this btc38 low volume shown in coinmarketcap?

I thought they managed to migrate and were back online... ??? ??? ??? ???

clout

Offline Pheonike

clout

This is a technical issue, which CNX has the greatest expertise (they created the software, which these exchanges claim has bugs that have prevented them from upgrading). It is not in the best interest of CNX or anyone within the BTS community to not have these exchanges integrated. The distinction between CNX and the BTS community is moot, considering that CNX is a cornerstone of the bitshares community. 100's of ppl requesting that these exchanges upgrade is not the same as one knowledgeable person from CNX walking these exchanges through the process.

There have been claims from btc38 that they found security issues and bugs with the new wallet but have not contacted CNX or made any reports on what these issues are.

Yunbi I don't know.

Should CNX not actively reach out to these exchanges then?

No they shouldn't. The liability is on the exchanges.

That makes zero sense. Both exchanges are major sources of liquidity for bitshares as well as bitassets. If BTC38 doesn't have the BTS that they are supposed to have based on their allotment from BTS1 or market participants expect them not to upgrade then there will be a sell of BTS on these exchanges.

Being that bitshares is an exchange and the liquidity of its markets are dependent upon external liquidity providers, it should be our greatest priority to ensure that these exchanges are well integrated with Bitshares.

My statement was perfect sense.. but I think you have conflated the term 'our' with CNX.

What you said above is correct.. but the 'our' belongs to traders of BTS who are using these exchanges, not CNX. Once again, the liability is on the exchanges to serve their customers. It is not CNXs responsibility. CNX responsbility is to a few minor improvements to BitShares... otherwise it's up to 'us' in the sense of not including CNX. Us being users/traders of these exchanges.

If a few people contact them asking whats up, its easy to disregard the responses. If dozens if not 100s of people demanded answers from them, you would see a very different response.

'Our' priority is to stop relying on CNX, and to do things for ourselves, because 'we' are the shareholders of BitShares and 'we' vote on what happens to it next.

Hope this helps clarify what I meant. I understand your concern.. we just need to direct it in the most effective direction. I am just saying it's not CNX we should be directing to.. its the exchanges themselves.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

clout

Would these exchanges run the GUI or CLI wallet?  I'm having trouble with the GUI wallet freezing and not displaying things correctly at certain points with internet explorer.  Maybe they are experiencing the same issues?

Exchanges are using CLI. They shouldn't have any issues.

Also if these exchanges don't have all the BTS they are supposed to have we wouldn't really know since they can use stealth transfer to obscure their balances.

clout

There have been claims from btc38 that they found security issues and bugs with the new wallet but have not contacted CNX or made any reports on what these issues are.

Yunbi I don't know.

That makes zero sense. Both exchanges are major sources of liquidity for bitshares as well as bitassets. If BTC38 doesn't have the BTS that they are supposed to have based on their allotment from BTS1 or market participants expect them not to upgrade then there will be a sell of BTS on these exchanges.

Being that bitshares is an exchange and the liquidity of its markets are dependent upon external liquidity providers, it should be our greatest priority to ensure that these exchanges are well integrated with Bitshares.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Would these exchanges run the GUI or CLI wallet?  I'm having trouble with the GUI wallet freezing and not displaying things correctly at certain points with internet explorer.  Maybe they are experiencing the same issues?

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
any exchange that did no upgrade until now has something to hide.

Yunbi I don't know.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Why have BTC38 and Yunbi not upgraded? Is there any information on this. What can we do to facilitate their transition? The lack of liquidity in the BTS market is very troubling.

I think there is speculation that they are missing some BTS and the upgrade would reveal that.

titan account will lost privacy protect  when upgrade to v2.0.
btc38 claim they have 363,130,741.49991 BTS, but  there are only 228,449,248 BTS in their cold wallet. they refuse to public all reserve because they say it's not security.
guess what will happen at BTC38 when upgrade to v2.0?

In this case I have a feeling they might encouter some "technical problems" that will not allow them to upgrade to v2.0

"Your funds are safe" but you canot withdraw them (because we damped some of them)!

If you want to take the island burn the boats

clout

Yunbi I don't know.