Author Topic: Newb. How do i store my PTS after i buy them  (Read 3911 times)

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
for  you'll find the wallet.dat  user/youruser/.protoshares/...

/.protoshares/ is an hidden folder...

I dont see it?  Also, I backed up the wallet then I encrypted it?  Was I suppose to encrypt it first then back it up?

Yes you need to encrypt first, then backup. After encryption all previous backups are void (for security reasons). So after youve encrypted the wallet, make a new backup.

Offline Knox500

• View Profile

I dont see it?  Also, I backed up the wallet then I encrypted it?  Was I suppose to encrypt it first then back it up? 

Offline Knox500

• View Profile
Just like for windows, there is a protoshares QT wallet you can download for mac.  After download and running the client, just like with any other crypto wallet, the actual wallet file should be located in library/application support/protoshares.   If you don't see it there, then I would advice not to use it.

Do you know where I can find it on windows8?  thanks in advance

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline bit4bit

• View Profile
Just like for windows, there is a protoshares QT wallet you can download for mac.  After download and running the client, just like with any other crypto wallet, the actual wallet file should be located in library/application support/protoshares.   If you don't see it there, then I would advice not to use it.

Offline rizq

• View Profile
Hi

I am new to this game, hope i am not to late.

Once i buy some PTS from Bter. How do i store them in the most secure manner. Paper wallet preferred

I have a mac.

Thanks.