Author Topic: Should we continue to funding mining of PTS?  (Read 38258 times)

zerosum

Hm, as I said, I like the general idea here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10148.0, I do hope that thread is not meant to show that everybody is just about splitting hairs and not able to reach any decision at all...

I personally have distribution that is perfect for my particular self interest, but I also do believe that changing any suggested number x3 or /3 or even more, will make most people at least whole and a  very big majority far better off.

Offline bytemaster

With new proposal to move everyone to BTSX the market cap of PTS would be added to BTSX...  may be the best option out there.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline testz

Many moons ago I suggested the that PTS and AGS be combined in a unified DPoS coin, and was immediately shot down by BM and his dad. Looks like I was not so crazy after all.

I still think you should launch it as a pure DPoS+TITAN coin and let it slug it out in the altcoin market.

You wasn't crazy, many community users propose this, but you should take in account that many month ago BitSharesX wasn't exists and was't stable like today. Left PTS as is give us ability to take 2 more snapshot for DNS/Vote and Music.
Even today if we move PTS into BTSX asset, to make next snapshots the devs need to develop tool for it.

sumantso

Many moons ago I suggested the that PTS and AGS be combined in a unified DPoS coin, and was immediately shot down by BM and his dad. Looks like I was not so crazy after all.

I still think you should launch it as a pure DPoS+TITAN coin and let it slug it out in the altcoin market.

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
I think changing liquidity in either way (making PTS non-liquid or making AGS liquid) would leave a bad impression. It was made clear that PTS would be liquid and AGS liquidity wouldn't be encouraged by I3 directly. Changing this leads to value transfer between PTS and AGS. If that happens investors will eventually lose trust.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
that's why I3 can't do it ..

but don't nail me on legal details .. I am not a laywer :)

what can't they do it? to change the social contract to honoring the PTS holders on the BTSX blockchain? i see no legal problem in it. you face the same problem with last snapshot and not liquid anymore. Or what do you mean?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
that's why I3 can't do it ..

but don't nail me on legal details .. I am not a laywer :)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
NOTE: I think by now we all agree that PTS should remain liquid, but I find it very disturbing that locking it in stone is even being considered.
its not more considered

current consensus is (thats my impression)

+ keep PTS liquid
+ make AGS liquid
+ put them together as BitShares Genesis
+ make them an asset in BTSX

BUT, I3 just cannot do it (for legal reasons) and thus someone else must be fund to do it ..
That's the "whole" issue at the moment

if you consider legal problems, you shouln't make AGS liquid. It was stated from the beginning it is a donation. A donation is not tradeable.(as a disclaimer i converted every PTS into AGS)

- i see no legal problem to take the PTS snapshot promise with another snapshot do the BTSX exchange. PTS as an asset already exist. so just announce that we take the PTS promise from the mined PTS to the bitAsset blockchain on BTSX. So we need only a easy tool for DAC developers to make a snapshot on a stated date. the bitPTS should only be tradeable on the blockchain, because everytime a snapshot occurs we have problem with exchanges not honoring PTS. this will solve many and will satisfy the most.

- and we should reallocate the shares to 2million to a community held dev/marketing fund to be created.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 07:03:04 pm by Shentist »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
NOTE: I think by now we all agree that PTS should remain liquid, but I find it very disturbing that locking it in stone is even being considered.
its not more considered

current consensus is (thats my impression)

+ keep PTS liquid
+ make AGS liquid
+ put them together as BitShares Genesis
+ make them an asset in BTSX

BUT, I3 just cannot do it (for legal reasons) and thus someone else must be fund to do it ..
That's the "whole" issue at the moment

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
This is going to be a mess. What would happen to PTS that ends up on an exchange? You are not guaranteed that exchanges will continue to award every snapshot.

I've been screaming about making AGS liquid, and was always pointed to PTS if I wanted liquidity. It would be a huge mistake making PTS non-liquid.

Furthermore, BTSX has a lot of room to grow, but if newcomers come in and see that there was a time to participate and they all missed it, they will lose interest.

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
Can we just PLEASE make a new CLEAN and STICKY topic with what is going to happen to PTS and a clear time frame for it to happen and the rules etc etc etc (and no possibility to comment) - i think this is quite important, as lots of us are worried this might hurt bitshares if not done properly.
BTW, all this campaign MUST be followed directly and all along the line by CLEARLY stating everywhere that NOTHING IS BEING ERASED

BUMP, please do so )))
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
Please also inform the exchanges trading pts to STOP trading once and for all after the snapshot ... thia is VERY important

They should just continue trading, and disable withdrawals/deposits until Genesis is ready and have figured out a deposit system. Benefits:

1. Smooth transition
2. We keep our exchange positions
3. Nobody has to/gets to dump worthless PTS

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
So do we have a final verdict on that? Is November 5th the last PTS snapshot or not?
IMHO the only issue is to find SOMEONE .. to do it ..

I would love to do it .. but beginning 6th Nov. I need to reduce my activities in here drastically to focus on work for the next few months ..

Furthermore due to the "issuing digital tokens" the entity that does it should be completely confident in the legal part of this matter.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
So do we have a final verdict on that? Is November 5th the last PTS snapshot or not?
IMHO the only issue is to find SOMEONE .. to do it ..

I would love to do it .. but beginning 6th Nov. I need to reduce my activities in here drastically to focus on work for the next few months ..

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile