Author Topic: What if America isn't the best place to market BitUSD?  (Read 9364 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Pardon me for keeping this off topic, but getting bitshares and bitusd accepted by the fairer half of the population is kinda, sorta essential. If they all think of it as bitshits, no matter how fertile we make the concept out to be, it would be an uphill battle before they will smell the roses.

True, but there are two counter factors. (1) There are far fewer women in technical areas. High tech fields are male dominated. Many of the people who have found BitShares thus far have some technical understanding of it. This means there are fewer early adopters among women. (2) Studies have shown that when it comes to investing, men take bigger risks than women do. Women are much more conservative with their money choices. The funny thing is that both approaches end up with about the same results when it comes to investing studies that I've seen.

I think if we make it simple and useful for everyone, we will have no shortage of women and men who wish to use BitShares.

Offline JoeyD

Pardon me for keeping this off topic, but getting bitshares and bitusd accepted by the fairer half of the population is kinda, sorta essential. If they all think of it as bitshits, no matter how fertile we make the concept out to be, it would be an uphill battle before they will smell the roses.

PS
Eventhough I had a bit of fun with the topic such as trying to plant the image of mountaineering a pile of doodoo deep down I am somewhat serious about this.

PSPS
Damn I did it again, but honestly who can keep a straight face when talking about women and shit at the same time?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 07:59:13 pm by JoeyD »

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Who are you waiting for? 
This is a decentralized industry.
Anyone with the vision and skills should grab a niche and get going. 
You clearly have both.  :)

I understand what you're saying. I'm an independently wealthy serial entrepreneur with too much time on my hands and an obsession with BitShares, why not just go do it? The problem is, I'm already spending too much time on this as it is (according to my girlfriend who now lovingly refers to BitShares as BitShits :P) and bootstrapping network effect in the aforementioned niches will require [small] seed capital (not to mention  a significant time commitment). Posting on these forums in the hopes my ideas get through to the Invictus hivemind is just about the best thing I can do right now. I'm open to suggestions.

What about becoming a delegate with dilution once that feature launches?  I would vote for you and I'm sure lots of others would.

Also, hire your girlfriend so you get double-credit for time spent talking business with her.  :)

Haha! Careful there. I talked to a guy worth millions who plays golf all day. He lists "Data Input" as his occupation on his tax returns. Red flagged for an IRS audit...

If I pay her in BitUSD how will they ever know? ;D

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Who are you waiting for? 

I understand what you're saying. I'm an independently wealthy serial entrepreneur with too much time on my hands and an obsession with BitShares, why not just go do it? The problem is, I'm already spending too much time on this as it is (according to my girlfriend who now lovingly refers to BitShares as BitShits :P) and bootstrapping network effect in the aforementioned niches will require [small] seed capital (not to mention  a significant time commitment). Posting on these forums in the hopes my ideas get through to the Invictus hivemind is just about the best thing I can do right now. I'm open to suggestions.

What about becoming a delegate with dilution once that feature launches?  I would vote for you and I'm sure lots of others would.

Also, hire your girlfriend so you get double-credit for time spent talking business with her.  :)

Haha! Careful there. I talked to a guy worth millions who plays golf all day. He lists "Data Input" as his occupation on his tax returns. Red flagged for an IRS audit...

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Who are you waiting for? 

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Who are you waiting for? 

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
Who are you waiting for? 

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
People in Greece will soon literally hide Eur in their mattresses in a couple of months and by the end of 2015 people in Italy, Portugal and Spain as well...

The lost opportunities for establishing network effect in niche markets is driving me nuts.

Who are you waiting for? 

Once the client is fully stable, the new BTS is launched, security is maximized and the most idiot can secure offline his holdings, the trading platform is user friendly like all the trading platforms out there, white papers describing cooperatives and the new BTS then I promise you that nothing is going to stop me and expect huge new capitals injections to BTS from many new investors that haven't heard of bitcoin...

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
People in Greece will soon literally hide Eur in their mattresses in a couple of months and by the end of 2015 people in Italy, Portugal and Spain as well...

The lost opportunities for establishing network effect in niche markets is driving me nuts.

Who are you waiting for? 

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
I've always championed bitAssets over bitUSD and hope we can promote those as an idea first and foremost.  After all, bitAssets can cover many different currencies, not just the dollar.  But bytemaster has a point in wanting to promote bitUSD first, because (whether we like it or not) USD is still the primary currency for much of the modern world and even more so in the tech world, which is where we find ourselves.  But agreed, we need to focus on the idea of "virtual" or "crypto" currencies on the broad scale, not just bitUSD and to those within USD based economies.

People in Argentina literally hide real USD under their mattresses as a store of value. They would go bonkers over BitUSD + yield. It's like selling water in a desert.

I think when delegates obtain the ability to inflate we should find some famous marketer and/or investor in a country like Argentina. They would run a delegate and could use that money to spread the word in that country.

Using a delegate position as an Argentinean "marketing node" is a fantastic idea.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 02:21:45 pm by MeTHoDx »

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
I've always championed bitAssets over bitUSD and hope we can promote those as an idea first and foremost.  After all, bitAssets can cover many different currencies, not just the dollar.  But bytemaster has a point in wanting to promote bitUSD first, because (whether we like it or not) USD is still the primary currency for much of the modern world and even more so in the tech world, which is where we find ourselves.  But agreed, we need to focus on the idea of "virtual" or "crypto" currencies on the broad scale, not just bitUSD and to those within USD based economies. 

Honestly bitUSD is fine for marketing to other countries especially countries who have a currency with very high inflation.

I think when delegates obtain the ability to inflate we should find some famous marketer and/or investor in a country like Argentina. They would run a delegate and could use that money to spread the word in that country.

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile

Offline bluebit

• View Profile
I think it would be a good idea to talk with Peter Schiff's company EuroPacific Capital. They could add BitUSD to their investors portfolio of gold/silver/stocks/etc.
BTSX TipMe: bluebit