Author Topic: VOTE DAC Just Got More Interesting 2.0  (Read 49171 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
You think VOTE won't add their own BitAssets if they corner BitUSD?
But what's the snapshot for then?

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
That will split demand for bitUSD to a couple of bitshares "coins"...

bitshares_music bitUSD
bitsharesx_ bitUSD
bitshares_vote bitUSD
etc...
etc...
each time a new bitUSD version comes out... the bitUSD will get weaker and weaker... Am I missing something?
Except there is a great plan in place that will provide liquidity/demand to all different bitUSDs.

The only BitUSD can trade with Bitgold\BitSilver\BitCNY\BitBTC...directly is BTSX_BitUSD.
Vote_USD can only trade with Vote_note.
Music_USD can only trade with Music_note.
That's the value of BTSX_BitUSD.

You think VOTE won't add their own BitAssets if they corner BitUSD?

(Also if it's as big as BM thinks then from a marketing POV, BTSX loses BitUSD and it becomes BTSX-USD & BTSX-Assets. There can be only one main 'BitUSD' in the market that is not tied to the DAC name, just like there can be only one Bitcoin.)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 11:28:45 am by Empirical1.1 »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
So in theory if the Vote DAC gets bigger than btsx the bitUSD on there would be more sought after than on the bitUSD on the btsx exchange because of less spread.
How knows ...

IMHO liquidity has nothing to do with the 'value' of the base asset (BTSX, or VOTE) .. more about marketing and options ..
in VOTE you don't have options .. USD is the single only asset .. in BTSX you can hedge against GLD SLV ....

But I think you get the difference ... instead of choosing your favorit altcoin exchange by highest price .. you now choose your favorit (decentralized) exchange by liquidity / spread

Offline Mysto

• View Profile

bitshares_music bitUSD
bitsharesx_ bitUSD
bitshares_vote bitUSD
etc...
etc...
each time a new bitUSD version comes out... the bitUSD will get weaker and weaker... Am I missing something?
Except there is a great plan in place that will provide liquidity/demand to all different bitUSDs.
Thar. Not an issue .. only differences are the spread in the dacs .. not the value itself ...

So people will try to buy bitUSD in the market with smallest spread/highea liquidity. ...

Pretty much the same we have with altcoin PRICES on different exchanges ...
But now be are talking spread/liquidity and not price

So in theory if the Vote DAC gets bigger than btsx the bitUSD on there would be more sought after than on the bitUSD on the btsx exchange because of less spread.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Thought experiment: Where would Google be today if Larry and Sergey had spread their effort over search, email and video as opposed to focusing exclusively on search? Would any of these products exist under the Google brand?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

bitshares_music bitUSD
bitsharesx_ bitUSD
bitshares_vote bitUSD
etc...
etc...
Thar. Not an issue .. only differences are the spread in the dacs .. not the value itself ...

So people will try to buy bitUSD in the market with smallest spread/highea liquidity. ...

Pretty much the same we have with altcoin PRICES on different exchanges ...
But now be are talking spread/liquidity and not price

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
From this page: http://followmyvote.com/follow-my-vote-joins-cavo/

"We are both extremely excited that legislation now exists in California for county voting registrars to begin using government funds to explore pilot programs for elections that include open source voting solutions."

BTSX funding is limited... Get government funding on board to improve Voting and its technology... oh and look, all the parts of the software are open-source, and they fit perfectly within BTSX, and they improve the current technology... And then suddenly by piggybacking Votes you have government funding to improve BTSX.

Synergy... That's the way I interpret this word from Stan...

No way, I'm not selling any of my BTSX.
+5%

I am once again in full t(h)rust mode on this ...

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile

"We are both extremely excited that legislation now exists in California for county voting registrars to begin using government funds to explore pilot programs for elections that include open source voting solutions."

BTSX funding is limited... Get government funding on board to improve Voting and its technology... oh and look, all the parts of the software are open-source, and they fit perfectly within BTSX, and they improve the current technology... And then suddenly you have government funding to improve BTSX.

I truly hope your interpretation is right.

And yet we will not know for sure before there are any official announcements, since the secret sauce must remain secret...

Offline Mysto

• View Profile

BTSX funding is limited... Get government funding on board to improve Voting and its technology... oh and look, all the parts of the software are open-source, and they fit perfectly within BTSX, and they improve the current technology... And then suddenly you have government funding to improve BTSX.

I truly hope your interpretation is right.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

bitshares_music bitUSD
bitsharesx_ bitUSD
bitshares_vote bitUSD
etc...
etc...

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile

BTSX funding is limited... Get government funding on board to improve Voting and its technology... oh and look, all the parts of the software are open-source, and they fit perfectly within BTSX, and they improve the current technology... And then suddenly by piggybacking Votes you have government funding to improve BTSX.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 10:00:43 am by Chuckone »

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
 +5%, you make some excellent points matt & empirical. This is the kind of stuff that worries me, and I hope BM seriously considers what you guys are saying...

Investors need to feel confident that their BTSX investment won't be cannibalized.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 09:52:49 am by nomoreheroes7 »

Offline matt608

• View Profile
If the Vote dac used BTSX's bitUSD that would be fine, brilliant idea, launch more dacs that use bitassets.  Great way to increase demand.   I don't know why that's not the plan :s

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
Hmm, it seems you are right. That is unfortunate.. BitsharesVote should use BTSX's bitUSD without even knowing that they are by tying the chains together.
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
It's not very encouraging when the leader of the project you've invested in says the project is "hamstrung" and "limited growth potential" and now reveals this vote dac he's working on instead (with some unknown amount of transferable tech) will a have its own bitUSD rather than using bitshare's X bitUSD, which, if this was really about a way to fund BTSX would be an obvious move surely, as that directly increases the value of BTSX.  Why does it need its own bitUSD?

The product you have donated to and the marketing strategy for it is being forked by the lead developer in a project not directly snapshotted off BTSX.

Now that's an idea, if the Vote Dac snapshotted BTSX holders a portion of the shares, that would be ok.

If you have faith then you'll believe that this move will add far more value to BTSX than it will take away. I'm keeping the vast majority of my position because I believe this is the intention and will 90%+ probably be the case.

It's not very encouraging when the leader of the project you've invested in says the project is "hamstrung" and "limited growth potential" and now reveals this vote dac he's working on instead (with some unknown amount of transferable tech) will a have its own bitUSD rather than using bitshare's X bitUSD, which, if this was really about a way to fund BTSX would be an obvious move surely, as that directly increases the value of BTSX.  Why does it need its own bitUSD? 

Also there have been numerous offers by btsx holders to raise funds for btsx. If more funds would be useful then lets do a fundraiser.

All Bitshares DACs features will be usable in any other DAC with any DACs token via "atomic cross chain trading" or w/e it's called. There will not be a separate bitUSD for Vote, it will use BTSX's bitUSD. Thus if it is popular (vote) it will do marketing for BTSX as fees will be earned by BTSX by the use of bitUSD, it will provide more volume in the bitUSD market, and by buying bitUSD via vote DAC more BTSX will be tied up in the form of collateral for the bitUSD.

No. My understanding is VOTE will have it's own competing BitUSD.

Read the two questions at the end.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10118.msg132066#msg132066
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 09:28:35 am by Empirical1.1 »